Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Demon "buy it now"

Wtf??!!! Hopefully these dealers don't get all retarted like they did with the hellcat. I'm am 100 percent buying one if I can buy it for msrp. I outta flag that shit as being "inappropriate" on eBay :)

17 hours ago, no1special said:

Wtf??!!! Hopefully these dealers don't get all retarted like they did with the hellcat. I'm am 100 percent buying one if I can buy it for msrp. I outta flag that shit as being "inappropriate" on eBay :)

GOOD LUCK with that.....Buddy 1st in line ; willing to pay 5k over ; after 2 months....Sorry we are auctioning it off to highest bidder on our list.

The RETARDS will be WORSE with the Demon !!!!

FCA/Dodge should take control of the allocation and not let the dealers get involved except for delivery. Similar to what Ford did with the GT, except instead of a written request that is reviewed, folks should be able to send in their certified timeslips for the past year. That way the ride will be used as intended.

They will be worse.....the dealerships will have a hard time selling them 5k over sticker....imho. I don't think there is that many people that are actually serious about financing at 90k car. The pool of folks is a lot smaller at that price point. I guess we will see if they fuck it up. lol

But they have to have an actual name to order the vehicle way I understood it they take somebody's name engraved on the dash so is far as I understand they have to be sold when ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that Fiat/Chrysler anticipated dealer gouge and set up the allocation to the lowest order price gets first build According the this article at Hot Rod Newsletter.

"The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon allocation plan is consistent with that philosophy. Here is how Demon will be allocated to dealers:

● To be eligible to order a Challenger SRT Demon, dealers must have sold more than one SRT Hellcat in the last 12 months

● Dealer allocation will be based on 60 percent SRT Hellcat and 40 percent Charger and Challenger sales performance

● Dealers can only order as many Demons as they are allocated

● Demons sold at or below MSRP will receive priority scheduling resulting in lower serial numbers

● Demons sold for a price that exceeds MSRP will be produced after priority production is completed

Dodge is also creating a new Demon Concierge hotline (800-998-1110) to provide direct communication for customers and dealers. A new website will also allow them to track their orders at www.dodge.com."

004-dodge-demon-crate-personalized-plaque.jpg

This is the personalized name plaque that comes on the Demon crate. Unless dealers are psychic, they won’t know the name of the car’s eventual owner. This makes it hard to add dealer mark-up since buyers will want their name here.