Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mopar27028

can't improve 60 foot times...

A8 Scat with Maggie making 675hp 650lb/ft. My local track is 1/8mile, last fall in good air my best time was 7.208 @ 104.4mph with a 1.766 60 foot using 20" Nitto radials.  I thought i would get some real improvement this year when i went to 17x10 welds with 295/45's M/T Street Strip with 17" front runners, but I've yet to get a 60foot better than 1.74X.  Max torque is at 4260rpm, is a higher stall converter my only option to get this boat moving and improve my 60foot and et?

roll through the waterbox , burnout in 2nd gear  4500rom for about 5seconds using the line lock on tazer.  stage then bring rpm up to 1500-1800, release the brake once the car starts to move i steadily roll into the throttle. 

Seems awful conservative. Are the new tires breaking loose? If not, hammer it until they do then back off from there.

Like Tiger said just hammer it I get below 1.7 once in awhile with stalling it and just punching it out of the hole with slicks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm on a stock converter and I can get a 1.6 every now and again just punching it out of the hole too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local track doesn't do a great job of prepping for test n tune so she spins if i hammer it out of the hole.  At a track with good prep I've wheel hopped horribly on a couple of occasions when being more aggressive.   Holiday weekend hoping track prep is good tonight, i'll be more aggressive on every pass and see if i can find a happy spot.

Hoosier slicks.  I got high 1.5 60s pretty consistently on the old car.  Anxious to try them out on Go Man Go as soon as I figure out a drive shaft solution.

Drag radials need a pretty dialed suspension IMO, especially with a 2 ton tank and marginal track prep. Demon owners are going to find this out really quick. Slicks just work better in this scenario.

I changed to 305/45 ET StreetR and have gotten a few 1.688-1.690 at my crappy prep local track.  ZMax is suppose to be open for this Friday, two lanes no prep and two lanes prepped... if I can't get consistent low 1.6 times I'm going to look at suspension work.

I'm sure slicks would give better more consistent results, but i've got some serious back issues  and I don't want to be changing tires at the track and have something happen.

Sounds like the issue is traction. You won't be able to improve your 60' times until you resolve this first.