Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlyByU

2017 ThiTek HEMI'nsanity at Milan Aug 17-19

36 posts in this topic

This is a tough event to coordinate and put together with a bunch of moving parts.  I'd like to thank the locals that are helping make it a total success.

Brian Brunt Craig Thibeau Joel Applegate Justin Applegate Eskle Collier and their lovely wives!!!  I know there will be more to mention as we get knee deep in preparation but these guys are the tops.

https://youtu.be/KKg3Kcqzhlo

I do a bit but Eskle, Brian and Craig do most of the work. Those guys really make this thing happen....as usual...I'm just here for the party :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Excited to announce McTaggart and his Chrysler 300 lovingly nicknamed "Angry Grandpa" will be participating in HEMI'nsanity and also covering the event for Bangshift.com 

Really appreciate all the support we are getting from media outlets this year!!

Professional Auto Collision MSHS Car show awards are as follows:

***MSHS Best of Show

***MSHS Best Show and Go

**MSHS Whoa!!! Award

*Best Engine Bay

*Best Interior

*Hellcat First Place and Runner Up

*AWD Daily First Place and Runner Up

*AWD Show First Place and Runner Up

*AWD Racer First Place and Runner Up

*2 Door Daily First Place and Runner Up

*2 Door Show First Place and Runner Up

*2 Door Racer First Place and Runner Up

*4 Door Daily First Place and Runner Up

*4 Door Show First Place and Runner Up

*4 Door Racer First Place and Runner Up

Registering for any of the HEMI’nsanity packages enters you into the car show. 

http://hemirace.com/races/2017-heminsanity/

Let's review.  The following classes will be run at HEMI'nsanity.

Winners of the MSHS classes will have a dial in run off for the $5,000 #bad_ass_official & VanDrake Racing King of the Hill 

MSHS classes:

Eastcoast Moparts Bracket 
Demon Performance Super Pro 
ThiTek Pro 9.50
True Street Performance Modified 10.50
Legmaker Intakes Super Stock 11.50
RK Motors Street 12.50 
High Horse Performance Hellcat Shootout 

Additional classes:

Stanley Performance and Jonz HVAC 2nd Chance 

BFNY Performance & OC Performance Resto'mod 

Lxforums.com Bracket (non #mshs cars)

This from Patrick Rall

"Good morning everyone,

As some of you may know, I am a writer for Allpar.com and I have done coverage articles for the first two events of the 2017 MSHS season with plans to continue covering it through the end of the season. I have been thinking of ways to bring more attention to the series and after speaking with Dan, I believe that the best way to promote the series is to introduce the Mopar community to the MSHS racers. 

To do this, I would like to begin a series at Allpar called the “MSHS Racer Spotlight”.

Each week, I will feature an active racer from the 2017 series, but the hardest part with this type of piece is getting good, free-for-use photos. To solve that problem, I will begin with interested racers who will be participating in the Milan event next month and since I am coming to that event, I will take the pictures myself.

If you are interested in being featured as part of the series, all you need to do is PM me your email address. I will send you a form asking you some basic questions about yourself, your vehicle, your MSHS “career” and a few other bits of information which will be discussed in every spotlight piece. Once you have completed the form, I will add your name to a list and at the Milan event, I will hunt you down and get pictures of your vehicle for the feature.

Ok, so if you are coming to race at the Milan MSHS event next month and you would like to be featured on Allpar, shoot me a private message with your email and I will get the form out to you in the next day or so."

Very pleased to announce that courtesy of Livernois Motorsports & Engineering we will have their Mobile Dyno at the HEMI'nsanity lot on Woodward ave Friday August 18th!!!!  We will have some power pull options and looking to award those that lay down the biggest numbers in a few different classes TBD.  Going to blast Detroit with the HEMI roar!!

Wait there's more!!  Modern Street HEMI Shootout official tuners High Horse Performance and Hemituner Performance will have limited slots the morning of Friday August 18th for dyno tuning their event participating customers.  More on this as we nail down the hours but get your car to this event as this is a great opportunity you don't want to miss!!

Thank you Livernois!!!

As you all know, HEMI'nsanity is a very expensive event and takes a lot of help to get done.  It's at these moments that I'm thankful for friends that reach out at the perfect moments offering help.  THANKS TO ESKLE COLLIER and Newton Crane Roofing for sponsoring the Detroit event and we can't wait to hit Motown for some good clean fun!!

IMG_3502.JPG

With permission from the Kimak family, we will honor or beloved Bobbi Boatner Kimak at HEMI'nsanity.  As the 1st anniversary of her tragic passing nears, the MSHS, racers and friends will have the entire Kimak family in their thoughts and prayers.

Another big bill for HEMI'nsanity showed up and thanks the Brian Brunt and Brunt Associates for sponsoring to allow us to "cover" it.  Once again we will have 2 very large tents and all the chairs we will need to keep us shaded and comfortable all weekend at Woodward!  Thanks again Brian, your legwork for this event is amazing.

FB_IMG_1500769864679.jpg

Tentative classes for the Livernois Motorsports Dyno Challenge at HEMI'nsanity are going to line up with our race classes.  Beauty of it is we know cars often dial back to fit the class index and weight is a huge factor.  It will be interesting to see who makes the most power in each class.

Classes for now are as follows:

*Demon Performance Super Pro 
*ThiTek Pro 
*True Street Performance Modified
*Legmaker Intakes Super Stock 
*RK Motors Street 
*High Horse Performance Hellcat 
*Professional Auto Collision Show Car 

Also thanks to Newton Crane Roofing for donating our own Porto Potties!!!!  Sounds trivial but trust me they are a huge save at the Woodward lot.  MSHS lot only, we will have tihht security on them this year!!

Finalizing the menus for HEMI'nsanity and it's looking delicious.

*Friday at Woodward there will be vendors all over selling food and drink and we will also likely have a vendor at our lot so food will be easily accessible.

*Saturday your entry entitled you to a meal and we have hired a chef to do a full blown pig roast Michigan style!!! Menu will be something like this:

Pig roast
Chief will prepare into serving containers
BBQ pulled pork
Sweet & Sour pulled pork
Plain pulled pork

Sides:
Cole slaw
Baked beans
Pasta salad
Potato salad

Buns will be provided.

Drinks will be provided.

And the famous corn roast. 🌽

There will be plenty of food and we guarantee it will be amazing!!!

piggy.jpg

I have been advised that HEMI'nsanity is likely to have a 2018 Widebody Hellcat Challenger on display!!!!

Also we are actively working on another vehicle to display, fingers crossed and it's just great we have friends trying to show off the new Dodge fleet to us!!!!

#shutupandlineup

Reminder that two of the best tuners in the business will be at HEMI'nsanity in AJ Berge/Hemituner Performance and Joshua Schwartz/High Horse Performance.  They as always will be providing their customers with race day support.

I'm addition they will both be available for dyno tuning at the HEMI'nsanity lot Friday August 18th.  Get with them to lock in your time!!!

And.......

Pre-event pricing for HEMI'nsanity ends today at 6pm Eastern.  Get signed up and save!!!  Message "magnumclub" on lxforums.com for a $20 one time use discount code as well.

See you in Detroit Aug 17-19!!!!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thitek-heminsanity-mshs-tickets-35247313664

Lots in store for HEMI'nsanity:

Wednesday August 16:

*Check in to host hotel Wixom Holiday Inn express.
*400pm-700pm car wash at hotel 
*Parking lot gathering/shenanigans 

Thursday August 17:

*8am Gates open at Milan for MSHS
*930am Drivers Meeting
*1000am Track opens to test and tune 
*1100am Qualifying starts for all classes
*1200pm Burnout contest
*1230pm last of qualifying
*100pm Eliminations for a classes 
*530pm 2nd chance runoff 
*530pm $5,000 King of the Hill
*700pm Awards at track or hotel TBD 
*600pm-900pm car wash at hotel

Friday August 18:

*800am Golf 
*900am-100pm car wash at lot
*1000am HHP/Hemituner dyno sessions 
*100pm HEMI'nsanity Woodward lot opens 
*200pm Livernois Dyno Challenge starts
*200pm Coney dogs at lot 
*300pm Car show judging begins 
*745pm Dyno Challenge ends

Saturday August 19:

*900am-100pm car wash at lot
*900am HEMI'nsanity Woodward lot opens 
*1000am Michigan's Best DJ starts 
*200pm Food is served 
*300pm car show judging ends 
*500pm car show awards

Couple nice additions to the HEMI'nsanity lot.

Friday we will have some Coney dogs available!!!!  Brian Brunt keeps referring them to a Detroit fare but I'm pretty NY gets credit.  Regardless,  good hangover food!!!!!

Also we are going to have Liane Ross and her husband, manofsteel06 from lxforums on site with their Kajun Snoballs truck!!!  We know those will be a nice treat in the summer heat.  They will have their SRT with them joining in on HEMI'nsanity!!

59840.jpeg

20170725_080503-1.jpg