Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

idoru99

Widebody Hellcat announcement

So what do you all think about the widebody hellcat that was recently announced?

Personally, that's really making me rethink the idea of upgrading my R/T and just opening the wallet a little wider.  I love those wheels!

widebody.jpg

Not for me, but I love they are coming up with all kinds of buying options for the customer.

Looking at it longer it could grow on me. But my white piston punishing whore is not leaving my cold dead hands.

4 minutes ago, Goehner said:

Not for me, but I love they are coming up with all kinds of buying options for the customer.

Looking at it longer it could grow on me. But my white piston punishing whore is not leaving my cold dead hands.

Now see...I don't have a lot of sweat, blood and tears in mine.  I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's mostly stock with a few bolt-ons.  I've been playing around with upgrading vs. HC for a little while now and leaning toward upgrading.  However after this, I think I'm leaning the other way.

If I didn't have 4 engine changes and was close to stock, I would have bought a Hellcat when they first came out. Its a no brainer, they are fucking awesome.

I think it was a ballsy but great move in keeping the car body but throwing under some hugely needed grip. Would've loved an upgrade to a better tire though like the Kumho V720 or whatever came under the ACR's. The Pirelli's ,although wider, will still suck.

$78,000.00 WORTH OF NO THANKS .

That's the cost with a sunroof and orange Brembo's .

My dealer was ordering 2 while we were doing paperwork on the wifes new Durango SRT

i thinks its a disgrace to call it a wide body with cheap plastic flares......just my opinion tho 

Personally, I wouldn't go so far as call it a disgrace, but I agree that stamping new fenders and quarter panels would be a better choice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't mind the "widebody" flares as there aren't any exposed fasteners and is not awkwardly bulbous like most of the widebody aftermarket kits. A flared metal panel like what the Germans do on their high performance autos would be elegant but probably cost-prohibitive. Instead Dodge just holds onto their current marketing image as unapologetic, aggressive muscle and make it work.

So I like'em and would love to add them to an LC chassis but that ain't happening (at least from MaMopar/FCA). Running good 315 rubber on 11" or 12" rims like the Mustangs and Camaros would really be interesting for autocrossing and road racing with these 2 ton machines.

In a perfect world, Dodge would have mini tubbed the rear, put 315s on there on an 11" wheel, and left the fronts at 275/45 and 9.5" wheel.  However, they had to hide the Demon from the lawyers and bean counters if you believe what they said in interviews, and any body modifications like that would have definitely pushed the budget and set off alarms that something was up.  Maybe in future iterations they'll do that rather than the flares, only time will tell on that.

I can tell you that the Hellcat definitely needs more rubber, and a better compound than currently offered.  They should do a Nitto 555R as an option on the order form.  I went to those on a 10.5" replica wheel which fit the car just fine, and it made a night and day difference.  Took my 0-60 from 4.5 to 3.6 and my 555Rs have 12,000 miles on them and are nearly worn out.

4 hours ago, Speedy said:

In a perfect world, Dodge would have mini tubbed the rear, put 315s on there on an 11" wheel, and left the fronts at 275/45 and 9.5" wheel.  However, they had to hide the Demon from the lawyers and bean counters if you believe what they said in interviews, and any body modifications like that would have definitely pushed the budget and set off alarms that something was up.  Maybe in future iterations they'll do that rather than the flares, only time will tell on that.

I can tell you that the Hellcat definitely needs more rubber, and a better compound than currently offered.  They should do a Nitto 555R as an option on the order form.  I went to those on a 10.5" replica wheel which fit the car just fine, and it made a night and day difference.  Took my 0-60 from 4.5 to 3.6 and my 555Rs have 12,000 miles on them and are nearly worn out.

That's my hope for the future too....although someone running a bead of caulk and paint matching sure would be amusing