Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Radiant Jet

Wilwood vs Baer vs Brembo

I'm getting to the point of saving to upgrade the brake system on my 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic.  Some of the research I've done shows the Baer systems come with better dust protection than Wilwood, but Wilwood seems to have a better track record.  My intended use is just street.  Brembo just seems to be a premium system, with the price tag.  Am I tracking this right?  Recommendations from the community would be greatly appreciated!!!

My new Charger Scat has 6 piston Brembro's up front and 4 piston in the rear. Hit the brakes hard & it damm near throw you through the windshield.

Baer and Brembo were the two systems I was juggling around.  I just didn't want to rule out Wilwood, but I think you get more bang with your buck with Baer or Brembo.  Thank you for the input, still would respect further input from the community as well.

What do you mean by "dust protection"? Less brake dust (which is a function of brake pad selection), or dust boot design for the caliper pistons or pins?

Although wear and tear will be minimal since you're just street driving it, be sure to look at replacement cost of the rotors. Some can get up to $300+ each!

An affordable option would be to use stock SRT8 rotors. TCE has a Wilwood kit for the R/T spindle/knuckle with 6-piston fronts and 4-piston rears that use SRT8 rotors  Or you can look for take-off SRT Brembos for sale in the forums (eBay, Cleveland PAP, et cetera), but you'd also have to get SRT8 spindles for compatibility.

A really affordable option would be a simple poor man's brake upgrade - pads (CarboTech, Hawk, EBC, StopTech, DBA...), stainless steel braided lines (Goodridge, Russell, StopTech) and hi-temp DOT4 brake fluid (550+ Wilwood, StopTech, ATE, Motul, AP Racing, $$Castrol SRF$$...).

StopTech also deserves a mention while you're shopping around. And if you want to see really pricey options, look at the offerings from AP Racing and Alcon!

If you source factory SRT8/ Scat Pack/ Hellcat Brembo brakes, it is my understanding you'll need to run different wheels to accommodate the larger brake caliper.