Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wookieslayer19

5.7 build

44 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of taking my 5.7 challenger 6 speed and adding a 6.4 cam and intake manifold then getting a hellcat throttle body. I already have headers, exhaust, and cai has anyone done this or know what kind of power it would be close too

Skip the cam, manifold, and throttle body. Substitute a blower and you will be much happier. If you are set on a cam I would go with a grind from a vendor and not the 6.4

I have a buddy who works at a dodge dealer and could get me a cam for 150  and intake at 380 so I thought it was a pretty good deal, I called about a couple cams but they were non vvt but for 400 like the comp 274 but I kinda don't want to delete the vvt

I have experience in turbos, I've swapped and modified a few cars that were turbo. I know the best tuner in the tri-state, who could help me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have experience in turbos, I've swapped and modified a few cars that were turbo. I know the best tuner in the tri-state, who could help me.

Cool! ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no one has an idea of kind of power I'd have out of that $600 set up. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk 

I'm thinking a minimum 5rwhp gain

For a cam intake and tb

I said MINIMUM 5rwhp gain , which I'm sure can be more but your gains will be less than a supercharger tho

Who is telling you this will work as a combo at all?  6.4 intake has active runners and doesnt make any since for a 5.7.  A 6.1 intake would be better and ported even better.  HC tb is huge and dont think it will fit either 6.4 or 6.1 intake unless there is some adapter Im not aware of.

274 cam will make some power but tuning is a bear and usually expensive due to the dyno time involved to get it right.  Unless your tuner is Mike at OST, Hemituner, or Josh at HHP you should be cautious with this one.  Lots of cars never ran right again after other tuners tried this one.

Seems like all the 274 cam owners in the 5.7s are quick to post dyno gains ~30rwhp but then are never heard from again with track times. I'm guessing a lot run the same or slower because all the gain is at peak 

This is the feed back I wanted and yes there is an adapter to the HC tb, would a custom cam be a better option in the long run. Before boost i want to at or near 450rwhp. I want more than just a supercharger, I'd like to have a stroker but what's the best cubic inch

The CAM question, unlikely most will have any idea.  The VVT stuff is a bit of black magic it seems.  I'd check with folk selling them.  I believe OSTDyno has a few options.  That's where you'll get your biggest increase.

I found the HC TB adapter.  I'm still scratching my head on that one.  So go from a 95mm TB down to a 85mm adapter and intake.  Sounds like no gains to me, but if you have access to test it maybe you'll be the first and prove it works.

You're never gonna get to 450RWHP with bolt ons.  That would be a 120RWHP gain.  You might get to 400 or 410 pulling out every stop and a few thousand bucks, but that's a wild guess on my part.  The 5.7 is 330 RWHP stock.

Rather than ask us to guess, I'd just call one of the shops that have these packages and see what they say.  OSTDYno, BFNY, and HHP would be good places to start.

If you don't have money for a SC, then I wouldn't even start thinking about a stroker at this point.  SC is the best bang for the buck by far and CHEAP all things considered.

Speedy... My 5.7 pulled over 400 rwhp with bolt ons and Diablo tune at Lone Star Mopar Fest dyno day. Sean was there and can verify that.

Sent via Tapatalk