Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B5bluemopar

Want to add headers

I have a 5.7L challenger R/T wanted to add some long tube headers an have the car tuned. Im leaning towards the ARH 1-7/8th x 3in because i plan on procharging the car an upgrading the rotating assembly in the next year. Just wanted people's opinions on if my heards choice is good or if i should go a different route.

I think LTH are not the best bang for your buck until you get a long way down the mod road, Of course the RT Iron blocks are awful. Just get a cheap set of 6.2 shorties and mids for now. 

13 hours ago, BayouTiger said:

I think LTH are not the best bang for your buck until you get a long way down the mod road, Of course the RT Iron blocks are awful. Just get a cheap set of 6.2 shorties and mids for now. 

This!!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

OEM 6.2 shorties.... Solo high flow cats.... Flowmaster SRT8 cat back..... and you are good to go....

Ask me how I know..... :)

Stevo

Arh makes an excellent product , however they are also quite proud of that;) kooks are equally awesome and proud. Oem srt shorts are certainly better than the logs on the 5.7. If your not worried about funds , I'd go with the long tubes just for the sound alone. Along with better scavenging. Especially if you are going FI down the road. I had the arh on my 5.7 ram and couldn't have been happier. If $$$ is an issue , there is a thread going on about the knock off kooks on eBay. Awaiting there fitment , I might even go that route as the headers alone are only 160$ and the quality although not my first hand experience, seem to be very well. Also not saying the oem shorts won't hold up to big power ,but you can't beat the sound of long tubes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk