Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

us1champ

Arrington

47 posts in this topic

will miss Arington, but good news is that hemituner(AJ) , and Eric(a2Speed) and Don(a2speed) and Dave(a2speed) ) not sure where Matt went but an also  a tune great) are still  available for doing the best builds and don't forget Erik in but fuck OH who had nothing to due with Arrington except his close ties with AJ. .

Wish y'all the best. I know a few are doing great. keep it up.B)

I heard a lot about Arington not  doing what is expected from an A-1 build co lately. .

So now when they are in Mi,  with new folks they... whoever is still there get it together, who knows cuz its a different co. with different folks hope there will be some positive results and postsposts,.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:36 AM, CruzKing said:

I will always be thankful for what they did for me when AJ and Eric were there. And yes awesome facility.

Aj, Eric, Don, Chris and many others were a good crew.  I was always treated with respect and timelines were always kept.    And the 366 they built me was bullet proof and helped win many season class championships.  They really will be missed but BFNY, A2Speed, True Street, Hemituner, HHp, Billy Briggs and others have really stepped up in the recent years.  Competition is always good.

9 hours ago, BuckeyeGuy said:

Aj, Eric, Don, Chris and many others were a good crew.  I was always treated with respect and timelines were always kept.    And the 366 they built me was bullet proof and helped win many season class championships.  They really will be missed but BFNY, A2Speed, True Street, Hemituner, HHp, Billy Briggs and others have really stepped up in the recent years.  Competition is always good.

Matt was also a great guy. I agree about the guys you mentioned.

Arrington was the first name I heard a year ago when I first picked up my Challenger. I was checking out to see what was available mod wise and it's was like Arrington ( shop Hemi ) was about the biggest name around. Learned a lot just by looking at thier customer builds, what mods would do what and in what direction I wanted to go..so I guess Arrington actually did help me without me paying them. I hate seeing companies like this fade away...like someone had mentioned earlier, they had an amazing amount of equipment invested...

but like a fire in the forest, the ground is left fertile for others to grow and fill the open space. Which it may not be "over" for them, interested in what comes out of the ashes..

Im still curious of the current builds that are in shop now, and I know of one person that had some work done with them and was having tuning issues he was trying to get worked out, I haven't heard back as to his outcome yet...last I heard wasn't uplifting...but rumor is rumor, I wait to hear fact before judgment . But rumor I last heard of at least 3 significant builds currently incomplete in house, anyone know about this?

They were bought by the owner of diversified creations here in Brighton, MI (they put the hellcat motor in Roadkills General Mayhem). All operations are moving up here from what I read but shophemi.com will still be the website ...curious to see what happens....

Ironically, this just popped up in my Facebook feed today...

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/local/community/genoa-township/2017/09/27/high-profile-hot-rod-company-makes-major-acquisition/699998001/

^^^  Interesting.  I hope they have the passion and skill required to build/tune modified MOPAR engines.  These aint your daddy's 350 engines. 

9 minutes ago, us1champ said:

i seen on lx one guy has left and went to petty.. matt glad went to petty earlier this yr also.

not sure about chris martin where he went

The only bad about going to Petty is they don't have a dyno or tuner, they either use canned maps or data logged/email tunes via Arrington. But yet they charge you for custom tunes, well my quote reflected that anyways.

16 minutes ago, us1champ said:

Matt that went there is there tuner now. He used to work for srrington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's definitely an excellent  step in the right direction..thank you for letting us know.....but they don't have a dyno ( at least far as I know ) so it'll be street tunes. But that's really good and much better than remote tuning. 

I've heard nothing but good about working with Petty....I chose A2 Speed due to Dyno and references, no regrets,  but definitely nice to have options closer to home in NC

54 minutes ago, Renfrick1 said:

They have one or at least use of one because isn’t that where Steve white has all his stuff dynod and tuned ?

I may be mistaken but from my understanding all tunes were done via Arrington. Luke @ Steve White  had A2 Speed do his tuning last round.

***Edit, I'm wrong Petty has a dyno, Steve White doesn't *****

Edited by JJhamitlon
Mixup

11 hours ago, Renfrick1 said:

They have one or at least use of one because isn’t that where Steve white has all his stuff dynod and tuned ?

Steve White did my original Maggie install and used Arrington.  when I had the Hellcat shortblock installed Steve White used A2Speed and I think that's who does there tuning. 

On 9/29/2017 at 8:28 AM, us1champ said:

i seen on lx one guy has left and went to petty.. matt glad went to petty earlier this yr also.

not sure about chris martin where he went

After building engines for the last 23 years under the Arrington name, I will be building engines for Better Built Performance in Rocky Mt. Va. We will be using the machines purchased from Arringtons along with news lifts, chassis dyno, and a first class facility to  continue producing top notch builds. Several of Arringtons best will be working together to make BetterBuilt the place to go for hemi performance. 

That's good news!  That 6.0L bullet you guys built for Orange Krush was an amazing engine and surprised a bunch of folks with how well it performed.  New owner of the car is still enjoying it.

You guys should sign up as vendors here and do some group buys/services and what not and consider attending ChallengerFest in April to shake some hands and make some contacts.  Lemme know if you guys want to consider a booth or something like that.

5 hours ago, HEMIBUILDER said:

After building engines for the last 23 years under the Arrington name, I will be building engines for Better Built Performance in Rocky Mt. Va. We will be using the machines purchased from Arringtons along with news lifts, chassis dyno, and a first class facility to  continue producing top notch builds. Several of Arringtons best will be working together to make BetterBuilt the place to go for hemi performance. 

This is great news, I'll keep an eye out for future builds coming out from there!