Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruce*

WHIPPLED 06 300C SRT8

Made it to the track yesterday and finally put down some consistent times.  Ran several 10.9x passes and a couple 10.8x passes.  My best pass was a 10.82 @ 124 mph with a 1.57 60'.  I had to put about 175 pounds in the trunk to get good traction and I had my slicks down to about 17 psi.  I also had my stock rims/tires up front...wish I had my skinnies on.  If I tried to go any lower on the pressure it got too squirrelley on the top end.  I need some advice for what I can do to my suspension for a better launch.  Currently I have lakewood 70/30 shocks up front with V6 springs.  The rear is stock with the exception of solid cradle bushings.  I'm sure track prep could of been better.  My best pass to date was a 10.73 @ 128 mph with a 1.78 60'.  That was about a month ago and I had my skinnies on with my slicks (about 18 psi) and about 75 pounds in the trunk.  The outside tenp was probably about 10- 15 degrees cooler than my recent trip to the track.  Just needing some tips on what I can do.

I am no expert, but when my Challenger had around 700 or so at the wheels and running slicks and getting 1.5X or so 60' with no spin, running around 10.5@130 if I remember correctly.

I would not think you need weight in the trunk, I always ran with all my rear seats and trunk shit out of the car with no issues. I would run 14-15 psi in them, and yea, a bit squirrelly toward the big end, but not crazy bad :)

Then again, I was running a D1 @12 psi, so you are probably putting down more instant torque than I was. 

20 minutes ago, Goehner said:

I am no expert, but when my Challenger had around 700 or so at the wheels and running slicks and getting 1.5X or so 60' with no spin, running around 10.5@130 if I remember correctly.

I would not think you need weight in the trunk, I always ran with all my rear seats and trunk shit out of the car with no issues. I would run 14-15 psi in them, and yea, a bit squirrelly toward the big end, but not crazy bad :)

Then again, I was running a D1 @12 psi, so you are probably putting down more instant torque than I was. 

Was your suspension pretty much stock?

BC coilovers, so not really great for the track. Lowered probably 1.5" but not tightened up at all, just left at the factory settings for stiffness.