Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

toyak

Magnuson vs Edelbrock

An infrequent visitor looking for advice. I am getting ready to add a supercharger to a stock 2012  A5 392 that has 30,000 miles, is frequently a daily driver and the car gets about 40-50 passes a year at the track. I am aware of the potential piston issue and plan to use the supplied kit tune (and race gas at the track). It will be at 6 PSI. I am trying to decide between Magnuson and Edelbrock. I know they both use the same supercharger. I know the Edelbrock has slightly better low end torque due to the runners, the magnuson is currently $600 cheaper during this holiday period from what I can find. Are both kits equal in quality and ease of installation?

I have the eforce and I’m happy with it. But don’t use there tune. It sucks. so plan on a dyno tune. If I were to do it again I would go whipple. The. Eforce is real easy to put on with 2 people with one person that don’t shit. I had help. I. Don’t know shit. But it’s been 2 years and 15000 miles and it runs good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the Edelbrock 2650, I just had A2 Speed install that on my 5.7 with some impressive numbers, so with a 392 I'd expect quit a bit  more. But I've never heard any complaints about the Eforce nor Maggy, so anyone of them would put a smile on the face!

Like Renfrick mentioned, custom tune is where you should aim with any of them.

I heard Magnuson is supposed to be coming out with the new Tvs 2650 model next month. You can't go wrong with either one but I prefer the looks of the Magnuson better

I'd love to see the Magnuson 2650, last I'd heard they ( Maggie ) had no interest in releasing kits for the older models or the RT....preferring to concentrate on the HellCat platform.

I have the Maggie. It's a great blower for the street and does a great job. If I had to do it all over again.... I would choose the Whipple. If you plan on supercharging the 392.... you might want to talk to Alan.... screen name is Goehner. He has some stories to tell and can give you some helpful tips.

They don't call them glass pistons for nuthin...... just saying. :D

Good luck with whichever route you take.

Stevo

Build a na motor. For the cost of the supercharger you can build a nice na motor that will drive better than a blower and you can put some spray to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a twin screw (Techco) for 4 years and have had the E-Force for 4 years and I can say that the twin screw has more potential, but the Edelbrock (or Maggie) is more composed on the street. Way too many folks jump into these things without thinking of where they want to go in the long run. If you want more than a streetable fun setup, then do the motor first and work your way up. 

dolol it all.

I love my maggie runs great and at 10.5 lbs of boost i got 600 rwhp and 700 lbs of Tq. Oh thats on a RT .

doing it all over i might have gone with the whipple,  eforce not so much.

Update, I am going to go with the maggie because of the $600 price difference and there does not seem to be a significant difference in installation difficulty.  The car is a daily driver and will stay at 6 pounds of boost and with a very conservative tune so hopefully the pistons will stay with the car. I would like to thank all of you for your advice even if it seems if I am ignoring much of it. I have the opportunity to do this now and with luck in another  2-3 years I can look at a Hellcat.

8 hours ago, toyak said:

Update, I am going to go with the maggie because of the $600 price difference and there does not seem to be a significant difference in installation difficulty.  The car is a daily driver and will stay at 6 pounds of boost and with a very conservative tune so hopefully the pistons will stay with the car. I would like to thank all of you for your advice even if it seems if I am ignoring much of it. I have the opportunity to do this now and with luck in another  2-3 years I can look at a Hellcat.

You don't want to try the new bigger Edelbrock 2650!? It made some better numbers on my 5.7 at the same psi as the smaller 2300 Maggie and Edelbrocks. Call A2 and they can give you all the details

If I go bigger then I am going to need to start to upgrade other parts of the car to handle the power and I do not have a desire to do this with this car (presuming the pistons last). My goal with this mod is to keep the car competitive with the more recent heard of Mustangs that show up at the track modded, the occasional supercharged Cadillac and of course Hellcats. Most of the Hellcat people who show up are running high 11's to 12's because they can't launch the car. Those who can are in the mid to high tens or very low 11's depending on track conditions (obviously will be faster then me). My goal is an 11.5, I will be happy with 11.6x. Currently I am at 12.04 with drag radials (I think an 11.9x is possible as is if everything went just right) and the generic trinity 93 octane tune. I plan to keep this car for a long time and make it just the way I want it as fun, comfortable daily driver. The next mod will be the interior. If I ever move to the lower 48 I will do work on the suspension.