Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Race wheel setup for Go Man Go (Plasti Dip)

Took a queue from Alan and tried out some Plasti Dip.  It did good enough for a race wheel setup and $24 investment.  I may end up having the rears powder coated depending on how well the Plasti Dip holds up, but I needed something quick and this did the trick.

I had a lot of success with a Weld wheel setup on Orange Krush. The 17" fronts wouldn't fit over the Hellcat brakes, so I switched over to some Racestar Darks in an 18x5 with a M&H front runner in a 4.5/28-18.

Right out the gate I ran these times with this setup. Last pass was even a hotlap immediately after the second. I think the second pass (10.52) could have been a 10.4x but I got 4° of STKR for some strange reason, maybe hit a bump in the track or something and set off the sensors.

I've got some video of the runs I'll post up this weekend.
[IMG]

This go a round I went with a gloss black on the Racestar. I've grown tired of keeping the polished wheels polished and wanted something lower maintenance. I also think the black looks better with the Go Man Go and stripes. That meant I needed to change the color of the 17x10 rear Welds with Hoosier 28x10 slicks to match. I decided to give Plasti Dip a try and it is close enough for a race setup. We'll see how well it holds up to track use. At $24 for the product and an afternoon to apply it, a cheap experiment. Besides, now I'm not the only automotive channel on YoutTube without a Plasti Dip video lol

I used the Plasti Dip glossifier product over top to make them shine like the Racestars, and it did "OK" but I honestly preferred the flat look better. It wasn't as shiny as I expected, and definitely not like a normal clear coat.

This setup saves CONSIDERABLE weight over the stock wheels and tires. I show the weights of each in the video.

[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]