Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Debadge

Rear diff swap

Hey guys/gals green guy with more questions than answers here. I have wanted to swap my rear diff for a while now I have a 16 h/c m6 challenger. Found a black Friday sale on rear diff pn#5038703aj should be a fact Dodge pn# what I am not sure of is weather all my factory  parts will interchange with this part It its a 3.90 lsd. I Plan on running 17s in rear think that would wake it up nicely I have front and rear struts tied, kw Adj coilovers all 4 corners lowered camber correcting control arms front and rear, billet trailing arms, and will be installing white line cradle bushings with upgrades to rear diff bushings. I could use a guiding hand based on Mopar experience. Jim, the part cross references as a valid swap. ???? 

Everything should fit with your original equipment. I'm in the process of swapping my 3.90 with a 3.09. I'm curious though if you've found any upgraded bushings for the diff? That was the one thing I've been unable to find.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

All the factory parts that I have removed have been packaged and put away for the future owner to enjoy , I believe they will be happy that all factory parts were kept with car for originality. 

17 hours ago, Plum crazy said:

Everything should fit with your original equipment. I'm in the process of swapping my 3.90 with a 3.09. I'm curious though if you've found any upgraded bushings for the diff? That was the one thing I've been unable to find.

I did order some on black Friday to see if they fit, they won't get delivered till 12/12 so I will test fit and let you know if they work for application

Thanks for info plum crazy that is greatly appreciated. I have been searching for diff mount bushings and inner lower control arm bushings for a couple days and it has not panned out as of yet. I did get some feedback from energysuspensions.com they suggested that I look for something   That would fit with a little modification in their universal section, I will forward link, being new to Dodge brand I will need to remove my bushings so I can measure for universal bushing fit. After surfing the net it may be as easy as cross referencing cars that use common parts. An example the whiteline inner lowers from a 2014 300 Hemi look like they will work without modifying. I did not find a sub category for hellcats but if I looked under older rwd they look like a match to the Hellcat control arm part numbers from Mopar. The 3.90 diff has been used on several models so backtracking those may get me a good number for an aftermkt poly match on diff mount bushings. Started a thread on another forum as well but have not received any feedback yet other than a suggestion to try performance diff brace which I have had on car for 6 months. My cradle is out and on ground now just a matter of stripping it down and removing bushings to measure. Cross referencing does not work out then modified universal will be my second  choice. I still need to look up the Hemi Magnums also they were heavy and likely use some of same susp parts. Jim 

IMG_8200.PNG

Have another Dodge newbie question, I have probably spent an hr or more mystified by the emergency brake cable setup can someone tell me How to detach without damage to cables or ends it looks like I could bend the three little tabs on cable coupling and remove  all three cables but I was not sure if that's how it's done Thanks Jim 

Thanks for info plum crazy that is greatly appreciated. I have been searching for diff mount bushings and inner lower control arm bushings for a couple days and it has not panned out as of yet. I did get some feedback from energysuspensions.com they suggested that I look for something   That would fit with a little modification in their universal section, I will forward link, being new to Dodge brand I will need to remove my bushings so I can measure for universal bushing fit. After surfing the net it may be as easy as cross referencing cars that use common parts. An example the whiteline inner lowers from a 2014 300 Hemi look like they will work without modifying. I did not find a sub category for hellcats but if I looked under older rwd they look like a match to the Hellcat control arm part numbers from Mopar. The 3.90 diff has been used on several models so backtracking those may get me a good number for an aftermkt poly match on diff mount bushings. Started a thread on another forum as well but have not received any feedback yet other than a suggestion to try performance diff brace which I have had on car for 6 months. My cradle is out and on ground now just a matter of stripping it down and removing bushings to measure. Cross referencing does not work out then modified universal will be my second  choice. I still need to look up the Hemi Magnums also they were heavy and likely use some of same susp parts. Jim 
IMG_8200.thumb.PNG.b6a017765594b131bb858cc18a6e4cd7.PNG

I just got done replacing my inner lower control arm bushings. I think your HC cradle should be the same as mine so these should work, they're Whiteline number W63339. Get ready for a fight with these suckers! One came out relatively easy but took a lot of force with the press. The other broke the press and I had to wind up cutting it out. I've got a thread going on Challengertalk of my work titled "2016 Scat Pack suspension build" it might help you out if you have any questions. I tried to take enough pics to show people who haven't done anything like this before. This is my first real time doing anything like this. I've always worked on my cars before to fix them but never a build or something this in depth like removing the whole rear end. I decided to abandon the diff bushings and just go with the factory for now. Maybe someone will come out with a specific one for us soon and I'll swap them out then. One thing I've seen as I'm sure you have too is that sometimes manufacturers didn't update the date range that their products will fit so some things will work for 15+ even though it's not listed.

Have another Dodge newbie question, I have probably spent an hr or more mystified by the emergency brake cable setup can someone tell me How to detach without damage to cables or ends it looks like I could bend the three little tabs on cable coupling and remove  all three cables but I was not sure if that's how it's done Thanks Jim 
Not sure if your meaning how to get the cable detached from the cradle so you can pull it out or not but here's a pic from mine.
04ac5ee89dbbc31b98a53646e1fc9f28.jpg
On each end of that connector is a little tab you have to pull back then the brake cable from each side pushes forward and should pull out once it clears that connector. Took me a bit to see that and figure out how to get to it myself.

Yes that is the part I am asking about, Will be able to move ahead with my project now thanks man!!! Heading to the forum you suggested to read about your inner rear bushing swap also. Definitely looking to read that thread. Appreciate the reference man. Jim