Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Go Man Go Dyno

Took Go Man Go to a dyno day out of curiosity.  I was thinking about 650RWHP based on the track runs being 10.5Xs at 130+MPH.  Came in a bit over that actually at 669.6RWHP so pretty stout.  Watched some other cars run on the same dyno that day and the numbers seem like they make sense.

challenger_hellcat_dyno_day_web_08.jpg

I don't doubt the numbers based on your results and what other stock cats are putting down, but why don't the HP and TQ lines cross at 5252RPM?  It looks like Y-Axis scales are the same for both HP and TQ.

2 hours ago, CruzKing said:

great numbers sounds right to me based on your times, What was your TQ numbers?? looks like a little under 600lbs.

Like 580 I guess?  They didn't give a readout on torque for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, mopar27028 said:

I don't doubt the numbers based on your results and what other stock cats are putting down, but why don't the HP and TQ lines cross at 5252RPM?  It looks like Y-Axis scales are the same for both HP and TQ.

Yeah, I thought that was weird as well.  They had a white board at the sign up desk that said something about the torque and hp lines crossing at a different spot, and I thought it was a joke.  Maybe something unique to that kind of dyno?

After all these years of being into and around cars I still don't get the reason why there is so many variations  in HP vs TQ between different cars vs mods vs tunes etc.....I mean I do and I don't, if that makes any sense. The numbers are just all over the place when it comes to TQ, the only reliable constant is HP it seems.

Take everything out of the equation and the air and humidity alone play a massively huge factor.
I bet you strap 10 hellcat motors to a engine dyno and they are all different.

I bet they got 707 on the motor and said. THATS GOOD lets roll production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's why dynos are really just tuning tools and why I took mine to the track to see what's what.  Dynos can be all over the place, and another reason why a dyno day is a good barometer as you can see other known cars run and see if numbers make sense.  In my case they did, but that's not the golden rule for sure.

i am curious jay

regarding hellcats. is there any part throttle boost that you feel in your car? or is just completely smooth like a n/a car till you put it to the mat?

i am guessing with computer controlled boost it has no light switch effects.

31 minutes ago, us1champ said:

i am curious jay

regarding hellcats. is there any part throttle boost that you feel in your car? or is just completely smooth like a n/a car till you put it to the mat?

i am guessing with computer controlled boost it has no light switch effects.

I'm interested in that also, I'm guessing the answer is it's completely smooth...I think the HC is MAS instead of speed density? 

Hellcats have an electronic bypass valve.  This makes transitions in to boost completely smooth.  Having said that, Mike had Orange Krush completely smooth as well, but that takes some tuning skills.  Yes there is ptb in the Hellcat as well.  Its not all or nothing, but its all seamless to the driver and you have to be watching  the boost gauge to know it.

43 minutes ago, Speedy said:

Hellcats have an electronic bypass valve.  This makes transitions in to boost completely smooth.  Having said that, Mike had Orange Krush completely smooth as well, but that takes some tuning skills.  Yes there is ptb in the Hellcat as well.  Its not all or nothing, but its all seamless to the driver and you have to be watching  the boost gauge to know it.

So you were able to get OK completely smooth in the transition??

12 minutes ago, JJhamitlon said:

So you were able to get OK completely smooth in the transition??

Yes......keep in mind it has a 9:1 compression forged motor so we had more wriggle room than anstock engine would have but Mike had that tune dead perfect.

I drove Scott from Amp’s hc charger when I was in fla last month and I have to say I noticed no ptb. It was smooth as butter to me. No light switch affect at all. AJ has my car tuned to be about 95% as smooth as Scott’s. It’s transitions nice but once up to wear you have the throttle set you feel fall off quick. If that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk