Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dwhip

Car not starting

Long story short my job sent me out of state for training for two months and when I got back my car had a dead battery. Put in a new battery and the car got power back and will crank but not start. My gas gauge reads off due to the lever was installed incorrectly but I know the car had enough gas to start up beforehand however I put two gallons in it and replaced the fuel pump fuse and it's still not starting. I went back out yesterday too see if I can hear the pump cut on and I didn't. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? The car sits for awhile because I'm always working but it always started without any issues prior to this and nothing was removed or changed since the last time it started but the battery. Could the dead battery going dead shorten out or blown something that's fuel related? Could it be the fuel pump relay?  Car is a 06 Charger RT

I don't know what kind of car you're talking about but there is certain GM's that if battery is disconnected with out code saver being connected that it dumps programming in computer. I'm not sure I've got all the terminology correct but anyway when that happens the only option is to get it to dealer to have computer reprogrammed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, JJhamitlon said:

You don't hear the pump prime? Check the fuse for the fuel pump. Your saying it will rotate the motor but not crank right?

Yeah the engine will crank but won't turn over. Simliar to when you run out of gas. I don't hear the fuel pump cut on when I cut the car on

1 hour ago, JJhamitlon said:

I see you already replaced the fuse, I'd check for power to pumps...possible PCM failure..any mods?

The car is Supercharged. I don't hear the pumps coming on so I'm wondering if maybe the fuse pump relay blew or the fuel pump itself has failed. 

6 hours ago, Dwhip said:

The car is Supercharged. I don't hear the pumps coming on so I'm wondering if maybe the fuse pump relay blew or the fuel pump itself has failed. 

Possible, do you have a BAP ?

9 hours ago, AvantSrt8 said:

Give a look at the inline power fuse, and this isn't an older arrington saddle pump, is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No this isn't the Arrington saddle pump, it's a MMX/Fore pump that Modern muscle sells. I just so happen to have a picture of my old battery before I replaced it and I see what looks like to be a fuse holder not far from the positive battery cable with a green 30a fuse. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fuse pump and either the fuse blew, melted, came loose or some wires got damaged when I changed the battery

If it melted, that’s no bueno.

Chances are one of the pumps are bad. Mine got significantly louder right before it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically these aftermarket fuel systems have a relay independent of the car's electrical system.  I had two of them go bad.  I installed the fuel system myself and had the relay mounted under the passenger seat close to the fuel hat.  I bet it's either that or a fuse, but most likely the relay.  I have a video on my youtube channel of the install that may help.

Yes, fuse and relay power out should be an easy 1-2 check.

To be more clear with what I said above, if the fuse is melted, its usually from a pump on way out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you don't hear the pump, then its either the relay or the pump that is bad. I know you changed the fuse, but I would double check it to make sure you didn't blow it again.