Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

us1champ

Cradle bushing question

I’m going to be doing the cradle bushings in my 09 SRT challenger

And was curious to find out from anybody that has done this or if anybody knows should I go ahead and change out the rubber bushings that the rear end bolts two and put Pollys there as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So nobody knows anything about this?

I replaced mine with solid bushings. The rubber is pretty soft. I would think poly would last much longer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Has anyone used this with there getrag or in conjunction with new poly cradle bushings

https://www.highhorseperformance.com/HHP_Racing_Solid_Rear_Differential_Pinion_Support_p/hhpsrbil.htm

I use it in conjunction with my solid cradle bushings. But that is also using a Ford 9". I have not noticed much of a difference in noise.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cradle bushings have been changed.. so a couple quick notes.. if you don't have the miller press to.. you need it.. it is so so much easier than a saw zall chizzle ect.. 

the parking break cable.. the 1st time was a pain in the ass. after you see how it works it is about 30 seconds to undo.

i would strongly recommend a friend to help.. i put the whole assembly on tires and then on dolly's so i could move it around and the lifted the car on the lift i have.. makes it alot easier.. the dolly's in general helped to move it side to side ect.

one thing i found out the hard way.. i bought energy suspension rear sway bar bushings i was going to change out while i had it out.. well the bushings both them, and prothane sell are 17.6 mm

my factory 09 sway bar is 16mm..  if i would have known that i would not have ordered them.  so if you are doing this job check into that.

also i changed out the upper control arms to bmr.. ( NICE STUFF ) i also moved the bolt around on the front lateral arm..  they have the bolt head facing so you can't get it out with it in the car if you wanted to buy spohn front arms.. last time i did this on a friends i have to gut the bolts out with a sawzall while in the car because the bolts won't back out as it hits the body of the car.. i while i had it out i flopped them around for future if i want them arms.