Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sybil

What super charger is best for the 6.1?

35 posts in this topic

Ok so it looks the the Viper may be going to a new home(hope I didn't jinx it) and now it's time for a SC. 2009 Challenger SRT8. By now I think every one has been tried so give me some advice. It may get stroked to a 426 so keep that in mind.

12 hours ago, Goehner said:

Just a better overall package. The Kenne Bell will heat soak like Al Gores global warming bullshit. 

No kidding even with the liquid cooled. So no heat soak on whipple?

i would also look at procharger.. i like there independent belt set up if i am not mistaken... taking throwing best out of the equation hopefully... the power down low off the start isn't quite as violent and if by chance you have a clutch car like me. that is good.

i have a magnuson.. while a good supercharger.. there belt design sucks.. there hose set up looks like my 9 yr old did it and takes alot of work to make look good.

the other one i would consider is edlebrock.. they have a new 2650 and performs excellent.. it also come with a adjustable bypass you can change for 3 different settings which is cool. and they have excellent oem looking stuff if you like that..

one of them would be my choice.  i have heard some of the whipples are having issues with bearings.. sounds like a box of rocks.. as you know though anything can happen when put out on the internet.

43 minutes ago, us1champ said:

i would also look at procharger.. i like there independent belt set up if i am not mistaken... taking throwing best out of the equation hopefully... the power down low off the start isn't quite as violent and if by chance you have a clutch car like me. that is good.

i have a magnuson.. while a good supercharger.. there belt design sucks.. there hose set up looks like my 9 yr old did it and takes alot of work to make look good.

the other one i would consider is edlebrock.. they have a new 2650 and performs excellent.. it also come with a adjustable bypass you can change for 3 different settings which is cool. and they have excellent oem looking stuff if you like that..

one of them would be my choice.  i have heard some of the whipples are having issues with bearings.. sounds like a box of rocks.. as you know though anything can happen when put out on the internet.

My P1SC and D1SC did not have an independent belt. There may be an option, but I am not familiar with it.

1 hour ago, Sybil said:

No kidding even with the liquid cooled. So no heat soak on whipple?

I know of one person that can not run his Kenne Bell more than once down the track without needing to cool it off.

The eforce for 09 is independent drive. The new 2650 is not available for the year and they are not independent drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ correct.. what i don't know is if you can get that independent drive any more for the edelbrock

i thought i seen that it would work for the 6.1?  guess i was mistaken

I have a KB 2.8 LC on my 2009 Chalenger SRT, 6.1.

The Kenne Bell is bad on the heat soaking issue.  But that is only a concern if you are going to drag race the car.  You will not see consistent E.T.'s without going through a lot of in-between round cool-down work. 

If this will be a street driver, then the entire heat soak issue is a non-discussion because it doesn't apply to a car that's driven on the street.  

38 minutes ago, rick s said:

I have a KB 2.8 LC on my 2009 Chalenger SRT, 6.1.

The Kenne Bell is bad on the heat soaking issue.  But that is only a concern if you are going to drag race the car.  You will not see consistent E.T.'s without going through a lot of in-between round cool-down work. 

If this will be a street driver, then the entire heat soak issue is a non-discussion because it doesn't apply to a car that's driven on the street.  

So you are pretty happy with it? Did you do any other mods like LG headers? Is there room fro a shock tower brace with the KB?

I love it!  Absolutely love it!  It is the only blown car I've ever driven:  So I have nothing to compare it to though.

My car is 100% stock, except for the KB kit.  I am at 9 psi.  550 at the wheels.  Tuned by Brent at DTP in Virginia Beach.  

I don't know about the shock tower brace.  I don't road course the car, so I don't need it. 

I do like to drag race the car every once-in-awhile and the heat soak ruins the day.  I don't want to get into an ice box and I cannot dial-in the car because the car will run slower with every successive pass.  

I've seen a lot of people talk about how great the newer Whipple is, and how great it is on IAT's and driveability.  Then, I see other people say it still has IAT issues.  So, I don't know what is really different.

Feel free to fire away with any other questions.

Funny I had almost the identical wheels. What are they mmr’s or something like that.
I have the eforce on the exact same car and I like it but miss the blower sound. I run 8 psi and I’m around 570hp on stock block. AJ tuned it
If I were to do it again I think I would look at whipple a little closer. It was just to new when they first came out when I did mine.

I have a 2.8LC Kenne Bell on my 6.1. I run about 9.5# with Snow Stage 3 water/meth. I installed it last year and havent been to the track or dyno but its a hell of a lot of fun on the street. 

On 2/7/2018 at 7:55 PM, Renfrick1 said:

Funny I had almost the identical wheels. What are they mmr’s or something like that.
I have the eforce on the exact same car and I like it but miss the blower sound. I run 8 psi and I’m around 570hp on stock block. AJ tuned it
If I were to do it again I think I would look at whipple a little closer. It was just to new when they first came out when I did mine.

CCW  chromed. 20x9.5  275 35 front front  20x11 rear 315 35 20s out back

I don't know about the Whipple and if it has heat..........But the KB does and there is a cool down period an ice box could be installed also a meth kit can be added.

In the 2010 Furious Fuchsia Challenger, my daughter Kate races it has a D1 Procharger installed by HHP.

How HP are you looking to gain Sybil or just some extra street speed?

Linda :)

When I had a D1 Procharger on a 426 at 12 PSI, with big red race valve, it was fucking awesome. I kept blowing shit up, not the Prochargers fault though.

2 hours ago, Goehner said:

When I had a D1 Procharger on a 426 at 12 PSI, with big red race valve, it was fucking awesome. I kept blowing shit up, not the Prochargers fault though.

Too much boost? Well , the viper is for sale but it's not going well. May be selling this car instead. How much is an SRT8 2009 auto with 19,700 miles worth??

1 minute ago, Sybil said:

Too much boost? Well , the viper is for sale but it's not going well. May be selling this car instead. How much is an SRT8 2009 auto with 19,700 miles worth??

Well, maybe for the Mahle drop in pistons on the first engine. But the 2nd engine was a cam bearing issue.

7 hours ago, Goehner said:

Challengers have dropped in value a crap ton since the Hellcat came out.

If you are lucky 25,000.

A dealer offered me $21,000