Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sybil

2" Stainless Steel Works headers

Looking at some 2" primary headers from SSW or possibly something else if anyone has any thoughts on this. Going with a Whipple and just starting with the basics.

Looking at some 2" primary headers from SSW or possibly something else if anyone has any thoughts on this. Going with a Whipple and just starting with the basics.
I looked them for my Challenger & Corvette. Sold the Challenger & decided to keep the Corvette stock.

Sent via Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hemi57 said:

I looked them for my Challenger & Corvette. Sold the Challenger & decided to keep the Corvette stock.

Sent via Tapatalk

What corvette did you buy? We just sold our Viper.

58 minutes ago, Renfrick1 said:

I thought 2” was to big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the 1 7/8 on the 5.7 Ram 1500 stock. Much better. Figured the 2" would be fine for a 6.1 Looks like less room under there than  the truck. Much cursing in order I think lol

I bought a used 08 LS3 3LT Coupe with 42k on the clock. I swapped this with about 45k on the clock.

83%20monte%20carlo%20ss%2000.jpg

For this

08%20corvette%2000.jpg

I walked out of the dealers showroom for $15k.

OBTW - The Vette runs 12.4/115 in the 1/4 right off the street with zero changes. The day I ran it was the first time in over 40 years I had been at the track. It took a few runs to get back in the groove. But, age kills your reaction time.

No more 2 seaters for now. Ha.
Kinda went thru that with the Vette & Challenger. Wife said, 4 doors & a trunk I can use. So, a 17 Charger Scat Pack seamed to fit the bill. Not quite what she was thinking... But she warming up to the car after a few long trips.

Sent via Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Hemi57 said:

Kinda went thru that with the Vette & Challenger. Wife said, 4 doors & a trunk I can use. So, a 17 Charger Scat Pack seamed to fit the bill. Not quite what she was thinking... But she warming up to the car after a few long trips.

Sent via Tapatalk

We live in BFE and the Viper was hard to get out to the main roads because it sat so low. No problem with the Challenger. Have a 4 door Ram so doors and room isn't the issue, just ride height.

12 hours ago, Goehner said:

I have LT's on my NA 6.1 based 426, they are ARH and awesome. Did i miss something?

How difficult was the install?

Sybil,

I had my 17 R/T Charger Scat Pack on the lift doing an oil change and what I saw it was a real PITA job. I would take it to a pro.

LT headers only add about 20 hp over stock from what I know.  But, depending on other mods it could be more and would dictate what size primary pipe, collector size and exhaust size. Now  toss in say high flow cats and you have a full blown tune on your hands.

2 hours ago, Hemi57 said:

Sybil,

I had my 17 R/T Charger Scat Pack on the lift doing an oil change and what I saw it was a real PITA job. I would take it to a pro.

Thst's what the man slave is for lol

I have 1 7/8 kooks
Put them in two times
Pain. Take the motor mount bolts out from below. Pry the motor over to one side to gain you a much needed 1 1/2 from below
Take the valve covers off so u can get to the top bolts
In a lift 6-8 hr job. Using all 1/4 tools

16 hours ago, us1champ said:

I have 1 7/8 kooks
Put them in two times
Pain. Take the motor mount bolts out from below. Pry the motor over to one side to gain you a much needed 1 1/2 from below
Take the valve covers off so u can get to the top bolts
In a lift 6-8 hr job. Using all 1/4 tools

Thanks sounds like fun.....for him lol