Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GARRETTECH

WHAT OPEN TRAILER DO PEOPLE USE

I am in the market for a trailer to tow my Challenger. I havent found any threads about trailers specifically. I was wondering what everyone here recommends for an open trailer. Feel free to post up about enclosed trailers too but that is not in my budget right now. It seems there are a fair amount of members here that trailer their cars. So, some things I am really looking for clarity....how long  should it be (what is the minimum length and what is overkill), load rating, aluminum vs steel, wood decking vs steel, tilt vs ramps, winch mounted on trailer....just hoping this becomes a thread to find this info in one place. I am sure there are a bunch of opinions.

i have an emperial open solid deck dove tale with ramps buult into the end of the trailer.  it is a lower height trailer.  i think it was 5500 new?  i added an electric jack on the tongue and a 5000lb wench.  as well as a front damn to protect the front of the car.  i plan on selling later this summer if indont trade it in on a enclosed.  a new 28ft halmark is 12,999 fwiw.

I bought chucks old trailer. Sloan kwik load. It’s a tilt and 18’ long. Has an air dam and winch and spare tire. Storage compartments on both sides. The thing is sweet. It’s the shortest you can go. It’s a Steel. I also just bought Mac straps from Luke to tie the car down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saw a neat one last year at CF8, it had airbag suspension so that it could be lowered. sorry i have no other info, maybe the guy will show u to cf9. i think he said it was $3,500 +/- new.

How much money are you wanting to spend? That would help narrow down what kind of trailer to look for. As far as length I would not go anything less than 18ft. That's what I have. I would also go with a steel floor if you go with a steel trailer.