Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheBeej418

90mm TB Throwing Codes - Troubleshoot, Fix, or Replace?

I have a 90mm throttle body that came from Arrington years ago (5-6yrs) and it's now causing my dash to light up and throwing codes galore. Most of the codes don't seem to have a whole lot of info with them other than it doesn't appear the TB is communicating with the PCM. Admittedly, I haven't kept up with this stuff as much over the past couple of years but it appears even Arrington has changed up their throttle body lineup. Doesn't surprise me because even mine had issues brand new out of the box and went back for repairs. 

The codes I'm getting:

• P2135 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch
  • P0221 - Throttle/Pedal Position Switch B Circuit
  • P0222 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor B Circuit
  • P0121 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit

The cluster lights I have are the lightning bolt for Electronic Throttle Control and the general check engine light. 

Is this something I troubleshoot? By troubleshoot, I likely mean have a local shop take a look for better diagnostic than I'm able to do. Do I call Arrington to see if I can send it back and have it "refurbished"? Lord knows how long that may take if possible. Do I buy a new one for $500, slap it on, and hope it ales all my problems? 

6 hours ago, StevoHemi said:

And Arrington no longer a vendor here...... hmmmmmm...... I miss something?

Good luck with the codes....

Stevo

They were sold and the new owner chose not to renew.

Replace I’m afraid. 

Ive heard some disturbing info about the new owner of Arrington and warranty, sad really.

What info jj? I have a friend taking his car to the new Arrington for a different supercharger and fuel updates and the old Arrington did the first go around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, us1champ said:

What info jj? I have a friend taking his car to the new Arrington for a different supercharger and fuel updates and the old Arrington did the first go around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up north or VA location (old place) ?

4 hours ago, JJhamitlon said:

Up north or VA location (old place) ?

the new location in Michigan i what i was talking about

20 hours ago, us1champ said:

the new location in Michigan i what i was talking about

So I had heard ( limited too, but fairly reliable source ) the new owner said during an interview he would honor Arrington warranties for motors that qualified. But with that said it was told three customers ar trying to have warranty work done and the new owner is telling them sorry but Arrington no longer exists and they aren’t responsible for the warranty liability, basically refusing honoring warranty. There may be reasons for the claim denial.

I hope Ive been misinformed, really would suck to be one of those customers. So from my understanding, the northern company purchased the name, inventory and website. Everything else was sold or auctioned off and there is no work being performed in the old location or under the Arrington name. Shop Hemi is still running, and I checked, motors are still being sold via the site. Now I only followed through a motor order to a point through the website to see if it would stop the transaction, which is limited, but appears you can still purchase an “Arrington” build. Wonder what happended with all that equipment, lots of nice ( and expensive) stuff in that warehouse!!! 

Id love to know what the story is, if “Arrington” motors will still be an option or not. I already have a shortblock in the works, so I don’t need them, but I still hate to see them roll out. It’s just less Mopar enthusiasts have as an option, we definitely don’t need less. Especially now, as it was seeming the aftermarket was starting to show some interest in Mopar products, don’t want that to slow but rather increase.

I still see Arrington parts available on their web site.  Are they still offering parts or are these phantom pages that have just not been taken down yet?

On 5/9/2018 at 0:57 PM, MiHiHemi said:

I still see Arrington parts available on their web site.  Are they still offering parts or are these phantom pages that have just not been taken down yet?

From my understanding it is all still available abeit just not from the original owner(s)