Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
junior23lbc

Lets see them custom sound systems..

This adds weight, not much for adding weight! The stock system sounds pretty good, might would consider adding the upgrade sub in the rear that the manufacturer offers

I really didn't like the factory kicker system, so I swapped the front end to a Pioneer, and upgraded the speakers JL separates with a JL Stealthbox in the trunk. First installer tried to make it work with a Cleansweep unit, but it never worked right, Got a guy that did it right with the right adapters and it's better, but I won't change the factory unit again. They are now too deeply entrenched into the car's OS to be very good. 

I've also had more than one car audio guy tell me that he's had more problems getting good sound from the Challengers than any car he's ever worked with. Not talking about boom, boom, but actual good sound. 

I was thinking of upgrading the speakers but I don’t think it would make that much of a difference.
Now my daughters car I put a system in thumps. Great sound and all, but now with all that base you get rattles from panels. When turned down so you have to crank it to cover the rattle noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me add one caveat.... AGE!  You hearing goes to shit along with your reaction time. Now in my case add about 3 years of listen to high freq ECM gear in the Navy makes for really shitty hearing that can't be fixed easily unless you want to spent your children's inheritance. lmao Hopefully my kids will have enough left to put my old crusty ass in the ground.

Nothing fancy, a Pioneer HU in mine, one of these days I'll build a box to fit in one of the rear pockets and replace all of the stock speakers...if I ever have that much free time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, NTMID8R-R/T said:

happy with the stock system mine came with in 2009. 

Yup...  Just like my 2010 Challenger had a better sound system than my 2014 Cadillac ATS with 7 speaker Bose system.

Stock Scat audio is just fine.. From what I have heard the Beats upgrade is not worth the money.