Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Speedy vs Blue Grass Nationals

34 posts in this topic

Haha, yeah it pained me to slow down for this....however after getting there the only other car competing in this class in the 10s was a Demon....soooooo  now it's time to just go faster :)

what no hellcats in the tens, Jay you should have called me.

oh reaction time... try pro tree next april B) ,  oh no liquid nitrogen????

congrats for a second/first.... lollol

BTW i understand the mixup, happened to me and one of my faveret <3 folks, Bobbie, yelled that i won RT, never thought i had a chance, but she was tutoring me and saw every time slip. Still miss the Lady.

Soooo how does that stuff work on the fenders,, the last stuff sucked to get off.:unsure:

painters tape seems the best so far. :D

Thanks glad you guys like the vid.  I've been doing editing for 10 years or so, used to take a long time but I've gotten pretty quick at it these days.  Kinda fun putting them together.

P.S. - a special package showed up in the mail from OST today :)

Ok, so check this out and give me ya'lls opinions.  Did I win 11.00 or not?

The lady that had the other car close to 11.00 class tracks me down on FB and YouTube.  Starts making comments calling me a liar and saying she won 11.00.  Of course I banned her from my FB page and didn't allow her comments on YouTube.  So then her husband comes in claiming she won and they called NMCA and confirmed that there was only one award allowed per competitor and since my time was faster it put me in the Runner-Up for fastest street Hemi of the class with a Demon getting 1st place as fastest.  However they seem to forget the conversations we had at the event about me slowing my car DOWN to run 11.00 and that was the class I was competing in and had the car dialed to.  He then makes some strange reference to a grudge race she supposedly challenged me to, but I was "not confident" enough to accept.  There was no such challenge or I'd have laid the smack down.  There quite frankly wasn't time for grudge races.  She did, however, best me twice on the track due to her reaction time during qualifying when we just happen to line up together, but RT was not part of any measurement for class wins.

When they handed out the trophies and money mine did say "Runner-UP" and I assumed they mixed up the trophies and the event official I asked confirmed he thought they had and offered me some concession at a future event and asked me to email them to get a correct trophy etc.  Money was the same so no biggie there.

So my question is....did I win or not?  What do you guys think?  Had I thought they were going to bump me up to compete for fastest street Hemi, I'd have changed the car up to run in the 10s and given that Demon a run for his money.  Their official published rules do NOT say one class win per competitor by the way.

Link to rules:

http://www.nmcadigital.com/dl/rules/hemi.pdf

Yeah your times were averaged over three runs and goal is for average to be as close to index as possible...in my case 11.00.  You were simply racing the clock not the person in the other lane so RT didn't matter.

These people are saying since I was awarded overall runner up in the entire shootout they won 11.00 by default....seems like wierd logic to me and I'd personally never want to win anything by default lol.

The rules don't say one win per competitor so I actually won two classes.  

Was curious what you guys thought.  NMCA could learn some things from CF.

2 hours ago, Speedy said:

Yeah your times were averaged over three runs and goal is for average to be as close to index as possible...in my case 11.00.  You were simply racing the clock not the person in the other lane so RT didn't matter.

These people are saying since I was awarded overall runner up in the entire shootout they won 11.00 by default....seems like wierd logic to me and I'd personally never want to win anything by default lol.

The rules don't say one win per competitor so I actually won two classes.  

Was curious what you guys thought.  NMCA could learn some things from CF.

HaHa that what i say about our race.lol

A lot of people could learn some things on how to run an event from CF.  

MSN ran a special section on missing and traficking of children all month in May including a fund raiser.  MSN, big ole MSN raised $17k.  Boy do I feel better bout what we do at CF.  Springfest with FCA baking raised $20k and over 1000 attendees.  Yeah I know patting ourselves on the back, we have AWESOME people supporting us but these are big orgs.  

Hahah, so I had to dig to find some info, but apparently it's an unspoken thing that if you win one of the top awards they do hand out the index awards to other participants.  Rules don't say that, but I guess that's how they do it.  So I technically one Runner-Up as fastest HEMI street car with the Demon being the overall winner.

Wish I had known, I'd have set the car back to kill and gone after the Demon instead of slowing it down to 11.00.