Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sixpack

FUCKING HELP !!!!!!

just bought a B2 2009 SRT Challenger, I want to stroke it to 426 ? 440 ? I need someone who has done this, to comment on this I want to stay N/A.

Thanks  

I have a 6.1 based 426 stroker with Thitek heads and it runs consistent 11.5's in good DA, perfect NA car. I think the comp is 9:1 or so.

Do you have specific questions?

My husband had a built 440 AL engine to run 10.0s with a KB 3.6 supercharger.  I ran the 10.0 after 10 times down the track.

The Nag1 is what will limit you.

I would give High Horse Performance a call and ask them about what you want to do.

Josh is a great Tuner and they can help with engine builds and put a package together for your needs 

Contact Us Individually With Your Sales And Tech Questions

For quickest response times, please call us M-F, 9-6 Eastern time and we will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Toll Free: (888) 894-1115 
Local: (302) 894-1115 
Fax: (302) 514-9397

General Sales Inquiries:sales@highhorseperformance.com
Joshua, Technical Sales, ext. 301
Bruce, Engine Development, Racing & Technical Sales, ext. 302

the reason I belong to this site is people help you, on the other I would have gotten 200 "looks" and no reply. anyhow when I started I wanted to stay N/A but the more I look it's more money to obtain any amount of meaningful HP, when for $7K put a procharger on and what gain 80-100 horse ? if you want more 426 and cam w/heads, you know this stuff is like crack, super addictive, just getting it off my chest is like clearing my head and saving my wallet

thanks

sixpack

He drank six. That’s why he’s here. I wanted to stay n/a myself. But for the money and hp I went blower. For me it was money well spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was a 12 pack and I drank them all, and DAMN glad I did, did you change anything with the motor or just add the supercharger ( I was gonna say blow it, but just didn't sound right) no stroking ? no changing internals anything? and it's a 6.1 right ?

it was a 12 pack and I drank them all, and DAMN glad I did, did you change anything with the motor or just add the supercharger ( I was gonna say blow it, but just didn't sound right) no stroking ? no changing internals anything? and it's a 6.1 right ?

All I did was slap a eforce on it and have AJ tune it. Upgraded the fuel pump. Running 8 psi and about 575hp. Ran yesterday with 4 11.4 passes and 1 11.5.

Supercharge it and done has been the saying forever, but that is not quite the entire story.

You can boost a 6.1 and keep at 7 PSI or less on a good tune, and should be good. The NAG1 may give you issues after a while, so keep that in mind.

I have had a D1 Procharger on 12 PSI on a 426 with 715 RWHP, and that was a fucking blast, but pretty much overkill on the street.

The NA 426 right now is maybe 525 at the wheels, never had it on a dyno. But I don't have to worry about a rollbar, and it really is fun as shit to drive on the street.

Are you wanting to build your Challenger for Drag racing or maybe just some fast street fun?

My daughter races a 2010 Challenger. She likes to bracket race. The car has 2 tunes 1 a 93 pump gas tune for Daily Driving. And a race gas tune Q16. It is built to run 11.20s. My husband had this  built in 2014.

It also has a D1 procharger supporting parts, upgraded axels and driveshaft. At first Blue tops for the Trans, but she wanted to go faster. I told her 10's will cause Trans issues. Yup she 2015 hits a 10.8 Limp mode and hurt the trans. My husband sent it out for an upgrade. I let Kate know I wasnt spending the money to build this for more HP. Breaking and waiting on the sidelines is no fun.

She sticks to running 11s At the last race the Trans was slipping and  we sent it  to Southern Hotrod for a rebuild. 

So I think everyone could be more helpful if you would let us know what you are modifying for?.

Linda :)

Hey G5.7 should you put your advice out here on the forum or should you call me so little kids and women aren't offended  ph3336-512-2839 if it's that one will you're Richard touch your a$$hole the answer is yes

come on you never heard that joke ? little boy asks his daddy for a tricycle, dad says "will your dick touch your a$$hole "? little boy "no"

so the little boy asks his daddy for a bicycle, dad says "will your dick touch your a$$hole "? little boy "no"

so little boy grows into a teenager "this time I'm gonna say yes so, he asks his dad for a Mustang, dad says "will your dick touch your a$$hole" ? teenager says yes, dad says " well then if it'll touch your a$$hole go yuck fourself "........................must have been the car choice. so what's the word on the 6.1 ? procharger, 426 stroker kit, cam and heads I'm not changing the clam shells their supporting 800+ on a demon

haha, never heard that.

I would probably Whipple it, nothing wrong with ProCharger though, I loved mine, just like to hear that whine.

Just keep in the back of your mind the NAG1 may shit the bed, and keep it under 7 psi for ring land safety.

I have a 6 speed and motor work and clutch upgrade and alum flywheel ect ect. I wish I would have built a 700 hp n/a motor. Much more drivable I feel but that is just me. And you don’t have to worry about damb belts and slippage or blowing ect

Sr.Jack, I feel the same way I want a 700hp N/A, but it'll cost a lot more, and there's the chance I won't be happy for the money spent, so with a procharger, I don't have to crack the motor open, if I don't like it I take it off and have the car I started with ,

If you're just going to boost a stock engine, ring gap for the increased temps. will not be enough.  Many failures occur when stock rings fully compress then expand in the cylinder and break the top ring land on pistons.  Some have seen good results with combining a water/meth kit to help with cooling.

I've built  a few different versions of this Build  http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/21740hpgen3hemi.php  in the last 2 years. some with a 6.1 block some with a SRT392 and the BGE block,

Best version with stock DIA Hydridic Lifters  and stock rockers was a  6.1 based build, 4.08X4.08 426.7Ci with 6.4 BGE heads(2.20 Intake 1.64 Exhaust) Dimond pistons static Compression was 12.2 to 1 custom Comp cam, 250I 254 E @ 50 .640I/.630E 108Cl installed at 104,   Drag pack intake and Sony's 8500SL Throttle body, 24deg total timing, 790Hp at 7700RPMs  93/100 was in the tank , on 93 Oct with 18 degrees timing it pulled 725Hp @7500          

Edited by Plum0068
Pump Gas results