Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJhamitlon

Sound!

Ok I need everyone advice. So to bring everyone up to speed, now my little RT is something to play with! I’m rolling a forged 392 with Hell Cat cam, Edelbrock 2650, LMI, 90mm Throttle body, injectors and bigger pump...this last item is what I need advice with. I’m running SRT headers, mids and Corsa Sport catback.  Now I want my car to be non obnoxious, one of my top priorities was not to have a repeat of my last build...the Fox mustang my wife and I had to yell to communicate with each other...even at idle. The rub here is the car doesn’t even sound as good as a stock SRT 392. Maybe it’s just me but it really hasn’t got much pizazz! So my thoughts, go to extremes, or go long tubes. Really don’t want obnoxiously loud, just a little more idle and putting around sound. What’s your advice? 

I will say it’s gotten better since the motor has broken in some and the Corsa Sport has gots some miles on it. I honestly can’t brelieve it doesn’t sound no louder than a stock SRT, which sounds absolutely amazing by the way. Now when I go full tilt, it sounds great, but idle is kinda sad ( over exaggerating ) for a muscle car! Damn mustangs sound awesome stock, along with the SRT ( Scat, T/A, Daytona, Hell Cat and of course Demon ). 

3 hours ago, CruzKing said:

fre flow/gutted cats may help.

That’s a good idea, gutting the current cats any problems with that? Emissions failures, check engine lights??

2 hours ago, CruzKing said:

yup, but you know who can fix that.*ninja*

Word!

( Old man translation)

Yes my Goodman, absolutely. Very astute of you, thank you old chap!

I'd swap out for some catless mids and keep the stock cats for inspection time or resale myself. I want to axe my cats as well for sound, but the eco nazis have finally started getting to me...

Side note what's the problem with the Fox? I love my Magnum, but my 88' 5.0 was one of the meanest cars in town when I had it and she didn't have much done, just headers, a custom h-pipe with some high flow cats, some 40 series mufflers, and a dumps right before the rear axle. She was deep, growly, only obnoxious at WOT, honestly I'd pick another one up in a heartbeat if I had the spare funds for a toy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Savage, I sold the Fox about 12 years ago when my wife told me she was pregnant. At the time it had a forged 306 with AFR heads and custom nitrous cam, 200 NX kit, Tremec 3550, and 9” rear. She was a blast, and so much fun. But she was also loud, very very loud. Even at idle we had to communicate with force in our voices..no need for a radio or CD player. Driving to the track wasn’t too bad but on the way back when your tired, hot and ready to shower and take a nap that snarling fire spitting sounded more like a pounding roar in your head. Technology has come a long way since those days, and now I have 600 rwhp I can barely hear!! Lol, 1st world problems. 

Damn catless mids are expensive, jeez. Keeping an eye out for used ones as SD has a good point about the inspection issues....don’t what to deal with that fiasco ever again.:..I still got to go back to court this coming Wednesday and show my inspection and tags so they will drop the citation