Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJhamitlon

Intercooler juice

What do you guys normally run for your blower coolant? Anyone tried water wetter before? Street and track suggestions welcomed just let me know which!

I run the same hoat that the cooling system uses. Ww. Has been recommended but I also heard it does damage. So I’m on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve heard methanol is bad for the head unit too. I found that company  Interchiller, that sells a system similar to the Demons air conditioning/blower cooler system. It’s pricey but not as much as expected. These Roots style blowers do heat soak noticeably, and considering I’ve been daily driving I was hoping there was a product that was better than just regular coolant. 

22 hours ago, Goehner said:

I only have experience with a Procharger, no coolant needed :)

I thought they still ran intercoolers, what air to air? How has your experience with the Pro been so far? If memory serves me you had a Screw at one time right? How they compare in the fun factor with these cars?

26 minutes ago, JJhamitlon said:

I thought they still ran intercoolers, what air to air? How has your experience with the Pro been so far? If memory serves me you had a Screw at one time right? How they compare in the fun factor with these cars?

Air to air. Never had a screw. I loved the Procharger, but I went through 3 engines and decided it was time to make a change. Had nothing to do with the D1, just parts issues that could have been potentially avoided with a bit of due dilligence on my part. The procharger was kick ass!! Big red race valve, made a bit over 700 at the wheels on 12 psi and ran consistent 10.5 at 130, it was a fucking blast. 

I struggle constantly with going back to a blower, probably a whipple. However, I just can't get over the hump on spending money on a depreciating asset at this point. Most times on my car I only spent money when shit broke, and it was often lol  Smart call would be to buy a Hellcat, but again, don't want to spend the money. My car NA is around 11.5 in good DA, don't need a rollbar, shit has not broke in a while "knock on wood" and it has lasted close to 20,000 miles.

I do have a 150 shot of nitrous that I have fun with once in a while, that helps a bit :)

I can relate to the sentiment, really can. We all have had our challenges which wouldn’t have been a challenge if we had chosen a different brand. Again Mopar has a way of alienating its fans/customers. Thank you for the info all the same