Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goehner

Aaaaand again.......

36 posts in this topic
Shit is broke.....
Something to cheer you up Alan....
katy-perry-gif-collection-01.gif

Stevo

Forget Alan, that cheered me up! LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I assume it hit the pistons or they wouldn't be bent, but I am hopefully optimistic the pistons are fine. I have a spare 426 short block just in case. 

short block...shit id be worried the heads are toast.

at least it wasnt another wreck.

maybe it is time to get that curse lifted and see a priest.  fyi i said curse not skirt off a priest.  thought i should mkae that queer...hmhm i meant clear.

9 hours ago, turbofreek said:

did ya take it apart for inspection yet?

Timing chain tensioner broke, skipped, fucked up all the valves and droke the dowl off the cam. Everything fucked but the shortblock, and I have a spare one of them.

I really do want a Hellcat, but the sales tax and NE plate fees just suck. Probably just going to get a bigger cam, stay NA with 150 shot and drive the fuck out of it til it breaks again.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:42 PM, Goehner said:

Timing chain tensioner broke, skipped, fucked up all the valves and droke the dowl off the cam. Everything fucked but the shortblock, and I have a spare one of them.

this a 6.1 block??  what year?

wondering what timing set you had on it?  as i am seeing timing set failures on these again.  kinda want to avoid this myself.

6.1 based stroker with a Mopar timing chain set. I think there was a recall, I am just that lucky lol

Bruce at HHP says they use a Manley timing set, but they may not be much better according to him.

yea i was wondering.  they had some buge issues with those.  kinda why i was asking.  the vvt stuff they habent had issues with such as the older prevvt stuff.  i was in panic mode earlier today.  as my e gine is going together right now over the next couple days finally.  i want to stop and order anything to stop from me going through this as you are.  i dont think i could manage all that you have had to deal with.

i sure hope its a light and easy rebuild for ya.