Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mopart

Twin turbos or supercharger?

Looking for suggestions on what to do with my 09 challenger srt8. My car is completely stock other than a few bolt ons. Strut brace and magnaflow exhaust.

I am really looking for a kit. I dont want to piece everything together. I just want to bolt it on, follow the instructions, and have a boosted reliable car.

Hellion twin turbo kit and prochargers have my interest. Do you guys suggest something else?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I installed a Kenne Bell on my 09 in 2011.  I am very, very happy with it.  

Whipple has become very popular since then and a lot of people have installed them.  Magnuson and Edelbrock are more choices.

The important part of the build is the tune, and who tunes it.

Here is my install thread.  It will show you what's involved in a DIY install.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/superchargers/273715-dream-3-supercharger.html?highlight=rick+kenne+bell

Are there any good twin kits besides the Hellion set up?

Would I have to loose my strut brace for the Kenne bell set up?

7 hours ago, Mopart said:

Would I have to loose my strut brace for the Kenne bell set up?

I think so.  Unless you're road racing the car, the strut brace is not important.

I think so.  Unless you're road racing the car, the strut brace is not important.
I barely drive it. I just want some boost. My daily driver cummins diesel makes 50+ pounds of boost and i miss that boost feel when driving my car.

I was really posting here to make sure nobody jumped out and said Hellion is garbage and same for Prochargers. I'm about to drop $7000 on this car and don't want to regret it by buying the wrong set up.

Make sure you understand the noise a Procharger makes before you buy one.  

Make sure you hear the model you want running - in person.

Make sure you understand the noise a Procharger makes before you buy one.  
Make sure you hear the model you want running - in person.
Enlighten me since i dont really have access to one

I had a P1 and D1, the red race blow off valve is loud and fucking awesome.

If I had to do it again, I would do a Whipple for sure, the whine of that thing is awesome and it is a great kit.

17 hours ago, Mopart said:

Enlighten me since i dont really have access to one

Do some research on how they sound at idle.

what he is saying is the procharger is whiney as fuck at idle and gets annoying in short order.

im a turbo guy...so i dont typically suggest anything else.  in saying that,  a turbo kit will still make your hair grey or a forsale sign grow like grass in the yard after a rain storm.   not for the faint of heart or weak willed car guy.  if done it makes the most power psi to psi and more reliable.  blowers are easy to install vs turbos.

what he is saying is the procharger is whiney as fuck at idle and gets annoying in short order.

im a turbo guy...so i dont typically suggest anything else.  in saying that,  a turbo kit will still make your hair grey or a forsale sign grow like grass in the yard after a rain storm.   not for the faint of heart or weak willed car guy.  if done it makes the most power psi to psi and more reliable.  blowers are easy to install vs turbos.
Pretty inclined with a wrench. Not too worried about a tough install.

fabrication required with turbos.  blowers simple hand tools.

if that isnt an issue turbo hands down.  makes more power lb per lb and with the right tune and converter or stick.  just as quickly spooled as a blower.  dont let any idiot whos never done a properly sized turbo setup tell you different.

After researching I am definitely leaning towards the procharger. Does anyone have any experience with the helical cut gears? Apparently they quiet down the obnoxious procharger noise at idle. Any have any first hand experience with these?

On 10/1/2018 at 8:40 AM, Mopart said:

After researching I am definitely leaning towards the procharger. Does anyone have any experience with the helical cut gears? Apparently they quiet down the obnoxious procharger noise at idle. Any have any first hand experience with these?

Do they all (procharger) sound like a bunch of bolts in a blender? Eek....

On 9/12/2018 at 10:28 PM, Goehner said:

I had a P1 and D1, the red race blow off valve is loud and fucking awesome.

If I had to do it again, I would do a Whipple for sure, the whine of that thing is awesome and it is a great kit.

That's what i'm going with ... eventually. I went with the petty strut bar to clear the Whipple. Rear to matchSsSJlax.jpguYHM7d9.jpg

On 10/1/2018 at 8:40 AM, Mopart said:

The quiet gears are much better, but that is all I had. But you learn to love the noise of them. When I was running the D1, just idling into a car show with the Red Race Valve made people stop and notice my car, it was fucking awesome.

My daughter Kate races my 2010 Furious Fuschia Challenger also a Daily Driver 

It has a Procharger D1 installed by HHP. She loves to race Bracket 11.50s, but there is a race tune for lower 11s. 

Shes the 1st place winner for the last MSHS SuperStock. The Procharger and supporting mods were installed 2014 and has 100s of passes and is still going strong! Motor is stock the Trans is an SHR.

Thought I'd post up the Sale.

Linda :)

Another win for Rob Goss at #NoMercy9, a new Magnum world record, and first place for #SuperStock class at the Nitrous Outlet VMP Modern Street HEMI Shootout 2018! Guess what all of these cars have in common - they're all #PoweredByHHP and ProCharger powered, and you can be too! 

Due to the recent success of this past weekend, we've extended our ProCharger sale until the end of this week. Just use coupon code WINNER at the checkout screen on HHPRacing.com !

FB_IMG_1539047494430.jpg

I've been in the Goss Pit many times! lol his trailer is awesome and no it's not filled with good and bad Prochargers. He is sponsored by Procharger no need.  And besides who on here is building an X275 car?

But my 2010 Furious Fuchsia Challenger that my daughter Kate races is a good example for someone who wants to add more HP for the track and Daily Drive too. The D1 Procharger I think is a good level to be at for a 2010.

Being around since 2010 and going through all the scams and promises the one thing I know is if you dont want to spend a ton of money don't think about running 10s.

Kate wanted to run a 10.xx. I  let her know the PITA Nag1 will have problems. And I already have another Built FF Challenger and I'm not building another one past this Procharger build. She ran a 10.8 and Limp mode. The trans was hurt. My husband had the oem refreshed and  strengthened.

This past Spring after 100s of passes for the past 3 years we had a Southern Hot Rod trans installed. In the MSHS race series she loves the Bracket racing class and running the 11.50 Race.

Linda :)