Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CruzKing

OK Jay My Video

OK no video, but some stuff i learned from the Florence storm,. Don't fuck with mother nature, it can and will kill you as it did in NC.

WE were very lucky staying in our home in Calabash NC during the storm. The wife and I had our most important stuff at the garage door ready to go 80 miles inland. As we listened . to the forecasts , we were sure that staying was the best option.  and Jesus did watch over us as we sat in the eye for almost 40 hours. After that the storm headed south thru Myrtle beach, we got winds as we left the eye but they were tropical storm winds 50-70 mph. 

if we went to the hotel that we had reserved we would be there for a week or more from inland flooding. and then have to deal with road closers for flooding or trees down.

To survive i did something that i would like to pass on  as for freezer and frig, .

for 5 days prior to the storm  we put bottles of water in the freezer. , only 5 or 6 at a time.  we ended  uo with 70 frozen bottles.

Every time  the temp went above 44.5 degrees in the fridge, i would add 3 frozen bottles of water, , this went on for 3 days, and never did the temp get above 45 degrees, and the freezer stayed at frozen, and is still cooling everything off today. still have 40 frozen bottles there today. our frige could have lasted a week or more, the freezer maybe 7 days.

Way better than bags of ice and less the mess.  I can calculate tat 70 frozen bottles can last you 10 days or more, Start a week before and you are good.

Everything was great up to an hour ago. The wife was shopping and came home, and said you got to see this. all the streets are now flooded, when an hour ago they were dry. the rivers are backing up, river and streams in the neighborhood are now flowing backwards. houses that made it thru the storm are now flooded. I'm afraid we are getting the one two punch.

streams flowing backward!  Wow.  Hope it resolves quickly, back in 2010 during the Nashville flooding something similar happened in my neighborhood and it was a result of water management opening levies and closing others....screwed the pooch and flooded a bunch of houses.  I'd call public service ASAP and let them know, they may not realize what's happening.

back home, street was full of water and fish, 3-4 feet. finally went down, now i can bring Deplorable back home. Home did fine although we were scared shitless when the water rose 2 feet in 3 hours, thats when we left for SC. came back on Friday to see 4 feet. finally got in yesterday with Diane's car. my car will be back latter this afternoon. Alls well that ends well. Sorry to hear about Ron though.