Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bruce*

Weld wheels S76 17x8

These S76 weld wheels need to find a new home. They’re 17x8 and will fit an rt. I ordered the wrong freaking ones🤬. I needed ones for an srt8. I’m willing to take a $300 dollar loss on them , so I’d take 800.00. Shipping would be extra. If anyone is interested just shoot me a message or text me at 4172981522   Tires are not included. 

Thanks 
Bruce

3BF48AB5-A1D1-4824-B025-FA0ED18DCC96.jpeg

On 12/10/2018 at 6:51 PM, codylozano11 said:

Pardon my stupid question.. but what's exactly the difference between wheels for an RT and an SRT. Offset I'm guessing?

The offset is about the same.  The difference I believe is how the spokes are made.  For a SRT 8, with the larger calipers, the spokes have to be flared out to clear the calipers.  

Actually it's the pad height that's different.  The SRT requires a high pad where the R/T uses a medium pad.  The pad is the area the rests against the rotor.

The problem with Weld's are if you mount a tire on them without checking them on the car first, you own them.  They will not accept returns if a tire has been mounted on them.  I got screwed when I ordered a set for an 2015 SRT Challenger and they rubbed on the caliper.

Actually it's the pad height that's different.  The SRT requires a high pad where the R/T uses a medium pad.  The pad is the area the rests against the rotor.

The problem with Weld's are if you mount a tire on them without checking them on the car first, you own them.  They will not accept returns if a tire has been mounted on them.  I got screwed when I ordered a set for an 2015 SRT Challenger and they rubbed on the caliper.
Ah that makes sense. The reason why I was originally asking was that I had a set of 15x10 dark stars that I bought.

Fitment was fine with the getrag rear end, as soon as I swapped to a DSS 9" in a hellcat rear subframe. The hellcat swaybar became an issue.

So I wasnt sure if the offset & or backspacing was different. Or my issue pertained to something different

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A shortened or shorter sway bar link will cure that. I have shorted many stock links to make them fit inside the wheel.