Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mhellion64

2011 3.6 Dodge charger SE power, steering and electrical issues.

Hello,

I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone has had the same issues I have and if there is a cost effective fix.

I have a 2011 3.6 Charger SE that is experiencing multiple issues. Vehicle has 118,000 miles on it. Alternator and headlamp wiring was replaced via recall at approx. 80,000 miles.

1. Power steering has stopped working. ( It is easier to turn to the right than to the left). I was backing out with my wheel fully turned and it lost all power to steering. It came back on once then cut out again when turning.        fluid was replaced and bled but did seem slightly low during draining. Made no impact on lack of power steering.

2. Tpms continues to chime. It shows that it is reading all of the sensors but will show tpms light and chime sporadically. (re-calibration did not work).

3. Idle is poor and rpm gauge slightly rises and falls when idling and driving.

4. Transmission does not shift properly when it should. It gets stuck on certain gears (2,4) and will not shift up until more acc pedal is added or manually done. It also seems to be lacking a great deal of the power it had. Fuel consumption has definitely increased.

5. Speed is 1 mph off when cruise control is engaged compared to display and speedo tac.

All of these issues seemed to happen between a month to three months apart. I took very good care of this car with routine maintenance. No oil leaks or odd smells during vehicle operation or storage. Mostly freeway miles. I'll be taking it to get codes checked soon.

Thank you in advance,

-Mark

On 2/5/2019 at 2:20 PM, Mhellion64 said:

Hello,

I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone has had the same issues I have and if there is a cost effective fix.

I have a 2011 3.6 Charger SE that is experiencing multiple issues. Vehicle has 118,000 miles on it. Alternator and headlamp wiring was replaced via recall at approx. 80,000 miles.

1. Power steering has stopped working. ( It is easier to turn to the right than to the left). I was backing out with my wheel fully turned and it lost all power to steering. It came back on once then cut out again when turning.        fluid was replaced and bled but did seem slightly low during draining. Made no impact on lack of power steering.

2. Tpms continues to chime. It shows that it is reading all of the sensors but will show tpms light and chime sporadically. (re-calibration did not work).

3. Idle is poor and rpm gauge slightly rises and falls when idling and driving.

4. Transmission does not shift properly when it should. It gets stuck on certain gears (2,4) and will not shift up until more acc pedal is added or manually done. It also seems to be lacking a great deal of the power it had. Fuel consumption has definitely increased.

5. Speed is 1 mph off when cruise control is engaged compared to display and speedo tac.

All of these issues seemed to happen between a month to three months apart. I took very good care of this car with routine maintenance. No oil leaks or odd smells during vehicle operation or storage. Mostly freeway miles. I'll be taking it to get codes checked soon.

Thank you in advance,

-Mark

Hi Mark 

Here is a link to the High Horse Performance website for their selection of CAI

http://www.highhorseperformance.com/category_s/10545.htm

I would give sales a call 888-894-1115eeToll

they do sell LMI but maybe there isnt one mfg yet for 2019.

Welcome to MMF and Congrats on the New Charger.

Linda:)