Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RT_6Speed

Prior CF Pictures Being Deleted by Flickr

I just found out Flickr is deleting most of the 6,000 or so pictures I had there unless I pay more to keep them, which I am not going to do.  It used to work well and then was bought out by Yahoo, then by SmugMug and somewhere along the way it turned to shit for me.  It looks like all the CF3 shots have already been deleted along with about 2,000 from other albums.  I've deleted everything but the remaining CF albums and shots.  If anyone wants any of the old shots now would be the time to get them as I doubt I am going to go back and re-edit and re-post them someplace else. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wesedens/albums

Kinda like termites.... Not if you will get infested but when. It just a matter of time when all these "free" sights run out of runway and need to purge files or charge for storage. Me I have a 1 terabyte HD attached to my laptop and a 5 terabyte external HD attached to my router to store stuff on. I also have my own "Photo Server" to store web photos.

That was one of the sites I paid for.  The problem is the site eventually become unusable for me somewhere between the Yahoo and SmugMug brands buying it.  It got to where it would take 2-3 minutes to load a picture and 10-20 minutes to upload one of even moderate size.  Then random event albums would disappear for some period of time or entirely.  I can't help but wonder if SmugMug bought it and turned it into a pile of shit since it was a competitor to their primary business.

That said, I am I'm running my photoserver now but not without issues and headaches not because of the technology but because of some people want this option or don't want that option or want to do x but others want y...

I'm pretty much done with it all at this point - not worth the headaches it has turned in to.  I'll probably still do local events and post it to Facebook and be done with it. 

For the ones that want to bitch because they want other options because they don't like FB (or IG or SmugMug or my page or whatever) then fine, their problem, not mine.

I hear you, Wes... Been down that road and called it quits Dec of 2016 as I am too old to put up with that shit anymore. No more whiny assed customers thinking I am trying to screw them on price. Buy a $$$$ RV and scream blooding murder about the cost of a custom made part that will save them $90 every time it is used with a $10 part for Wal Mart or any auto parts store. Now they are crying that I don't make them anymore... well tough shit you shoulda thought about that a long time ago,

I also fired FB, Instagram, Twitter etc... Too many armchair quarterbacks hiding behind a keyboard and way to invasive on a personal level. I can live with that.