Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bright White R/T

05 Magnum RT Brake Bleeding Issue

hello all-

I have a 2005 Magnum RT... the brake pedal is soft and low for quite some time now and I can't figure out why.

I've change pads front and rear.

I've installed stainless brake lines front and rear

I've bled/flushed more gallons of brake fluid thru this brake system than I care to admit using the convention pump the pedal, hold and open/close the bleeder and a i've used a pressure bleeder.  I've started from the right rear, went to left rear, then right front, then left front..... 

I've even jacked the back of the car up a foot while bleeding the rears.

Today I changed the master cylinder, bench bled it, then pressure bled the entire brake system with the pressure bleeder until clear fluid came out of each caliper....

The one thing that it does do that is strange is that, when it is below 40 degrees outside, the pedal is high and firm, but as it gets warmer as the day goes on the pedal gets low and soft.... this has me thinking that there is air trapped somewhere and when it cools off and the air contracts the pedal gets firm..... but i can't seem to get the air out.

I don't and haven't had this problem with my 2012 Challenger RT or any other car I've owned.

I've been working on cars since 1983, so working on cars and brakes is nothing new to me....

Thoughts? Ideas? Experiences?

Does the car still have ABS? If so the HCU needs to be bled in a separate procedure. Need dealer level equipment access or equivalent (Autel MaxiSys) to command HCU pump motor to run.  The procedure is to bleed brakes normally (as you have done) then run ABS brake bleed procedure with proper scanner then bleed again normally.  It's outlined in the service manual.  A real PITA.