Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris1992

I have officially joined the 'Third Pedal Club'!

Well some of you may have already seen this on FB, but I picked up a new car last week! 

For as long as I can remember, I have dreamed of one day owning a Dodge Viper. Their sheer presence, rarity, and rawness have always intrigued me!

The light at the end of the tunnel began to shine 3 weeks ago once I stumbled upon a new ad for a used Viper at Baxter CDJR in Omaha, NE.  Knowing Baxter had relations with MMF and ChallengerFest, I got ahold of Alan to see who I should speak with. I thought Lee had moved on, but I was happy to hear that he was back with Baxter. Once I received Lee's info, I imidately shot him a text to let him know I was interested (it was a Sunday). Lee immediately got the ball rolling and let the dealership know that he had a buyer. 

The next two weeks went by SLOWWW. Omaha was still being hit hard with snow and freezing temps, so the current owner would not let the car leave his garage until the weather had gotten better (which I was more than happy with).

Finally my dream became reality when I took the 900mile drive north to pick up the car in Omaha on 3/17. The next morning I met with Lee and Scott to sign the papers and take the car home. Lee and Scott were a pleasure to deal with and even showed us the dealership-owners private collection. 

After drooling over the private collection, we began our 900mile trek back home. The car ran flawlessly and even averaged 19-20mpg. 

Well enough talking! Here are some pictures from the trip and at home. 

ScUkl4v.jpg

Ffx32gN.jpg

FMyMPaE.jpg

eqnOxi9.jpg

OAyV5LC.jpg

WcZk6Y9.jpg

VX2hSTy.jpg

VVtx39h.jpg

DvPEpjq.jpg

P14a7Cu.jpg

Side note: I picked it up with only 3,524 miles..it now has 4,8XX miles. I love driving this thing!

1 hour ago, Renfrick1 said:

Wow. College did you good!!
Challengerfest???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really hoping to bring it to ChallengerFest, but I may end up being in Chicago that week for work. Hopefully things change though!

Wow... wow... wow.... Congratulations! What a beast of a car! Love the color.... that's my color.... and Alan's too! That last pic is suitable for framing! I bet your cheeks were hurting from smiling ear to ear for 900 miles!

Happy for ya!

Stevo

7 hours ago, Sybil said:

I wouldn't mind owning a gen 5 . Sold our 96 GTS last yearzyTNLSM.jpg

Gorgeous Gen 2! That's what I like about the Gen 5's - classic Gen 2 looks with modern technology thrown into the mix.

10 hours ago, chris1992 said:

Gorgeous Gen 2! That's what I like about the Gen 5's - classic Gen 2 looks with modern technology thrown into the mix.

If I had your car there would be two blue stripes down the top. Just saying.....:)

On 4/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, toofart said:

That looks absolutely sick, Chris!  Congrats!

Thank Denis! The acceleration is mind boggling!