Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CenTxRT

Spark plug recommendation

I am running a 12.5:1 compression 5.7 hemi stroker built by BES.  Naturally aspirated. Running on 110 octane race fuel.

In the past I've run a Brisk ER12S spark plug.  I was wondering if you had any other recommendations for this heat range.

Thanks!

Won a head package done by BES in 2013 by coming in 2nd at MoparFest at Beech Bend.

5.7 Hemi Stroker by BES through you guys. 414 ci.

12.5:1 compression

Naturally aspirated

Pro Systems carb

PTC converter

Put it all in a 1970 Duster.  Does this ring a bell?

3 hours ago, funkpolice said:

that link said $43.00 for a set of 16.  $700.00 worth is a whole lotta plugs.

(In my best Emily Litella): Oh. Well. That's completely different.  Never mind.  This would be a good deal if they could last at least half a season.

16 hours ago, CenTxRT said:

(In my best Emily Litella): Oh. Well. That's completely different.  Never mind.  This would be a good deal if they could last at least half a season.

It's the price you pay for having 2 plugs per cylinder. Back in the day, you could go thru a set per race day. Racing ain't cheap!

Hate to say this but this reminds me of my RV customers... 150 to 200 large for an RV and then bitch about a $50 fuel filter adapter. Converted a $90 1 off fuel filter to use a $10 one you can get at any auto parts store.

The Brisks are holding up fine 2 or 3 full seasons!  I pull them and all they need is a little cleaning.  The gap has barely changed on them!

I don't mind $11.00 per plug if they will last 3 years or better!

what plugs are 2 colder from stock in copper?  would love to buy a set for 43 vs 180.  have some dyno tuning to do in a bit over a week or so.  big power bge heads, 411 9.75:1 twins e85 holley efi

On 6/19/2019 at 9:38 AM, HighHorseman said:

If you're changing plugs regularly then the coppers are a great way to go:

https://www.highhorseperformance.com/NGK4306_p/4306.htm

Sorry, wrong heat range.  These appear to be for a hemi with a standard compression ratio.

the #12 heat range in Brisk would correlate to an NGK plug with a heat range of 8.  Do you have anything like that?