Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hemi57

Uconnect Software Update

Software updates can be a blessing or a curse. Having been in the business for some 40 years and producing my share of updates I learned a couple of things.

1. Download any and all updates, install instructions and SAVE them..

2. Depending on the ISSUE apply ONLY if you have the problem.

3. Security fixes are almost a must install. 

Shortly after I bought my 17 Scat and got signed up with Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat/Uconnect or whatever checked my Uconnect for updates. Yup, there was available according to my vin number that I entered in the search box. The new version was 16.11.0 versus my 16.8.0

NOTE - The install instructions were updated at least 3 times. I have 2 versions

To get radio info you have to be in dealer mode.

1, Key on, Run, no start

2. Press the drivers side up/down temp controls & the defrost button - takes about 10 secs.

HERE IS THE RUB..... you will love this. I just checked today and Uconnect says there are NO UPDATES for my car. Sent an email to Dodge/Uconnect and asked What's UP?

Here are some Q & D pics.

Dealer Option

2017%20scat%20pack%20dealer%20option%200

Didn't know about dealer mode.  Did you expect there to be an update?  Mine has had one in the three years I've had it.  

You need dealer mode to see the current level of the software.

I sent the info in post #1 to Dodge and it took them a few days to answer. I wanted to know why an Update that I downloaded in 2017 is now gone and what the latest install Sevice Bulletin is as it has been changed a number of times. 08-007-17 Rev. F, Sept 8, 2017, Rev G Sept 14, 2017, Rev H Nov 29, 2017 to 08-071-18 May 16, 2018

Here is their response.

Advanced issues found

Hello Dale Olson;

Thank you for contacting Dodge Customer Care.  Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed response to your email.  I completely understand the reason why you emailed.

I do see from your email that you are seeking a software update.  This update you will not find on the website, you would need to take it to the dealership for this update.  

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance by replying to this email or calling us at (800) 423-6343.

Thank you again for your email Dale. Have a great day.

Best wishes,
Jennifer
Dodge Customer Care

Obviously, she either didn't read the original email very good or didn't understand what she read... IE - Go see your Dealer. I plan on seeing what the idiot dealer people say.