Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Street Car Takeover Bowling Green

I took Go Man Go to Street Car Takeover Bowling Green, KY at Beech Bend Raceway last Saturday.

This was the first outing since the issue with the car and I wanted to get that monkey off my back. Those that have had issues at the track know what I'm talking about ;)

I hadn't been to Beech Bend Raceway in August in exactly 10 years, almost to the day, and now I remember why LOL. It was bloody hot. 90+ degrees F and 70-80% humidity = 3500 - 3600 DA.

I don't understand roll racing, seems like something for folks that can't drive, but they started with that the first half of the day. I watched for a few minutes, but kinda boring really. Drifting was pretty cool, and there was a car show. The place was packed. I had to fly solo as Crew Chief Greg has some family stuff going on and IvoryCat had family business as well. Mrs. Speedy saw the weather and said "hell no", so I had to pack all the gear in Go Man Go. Luckily the folks I pitted next to were super cool so I had an opportunity to make some new friends.

I entered Go Man Go in the Extreme Street 10.0 Index class. Having run 10.03, 10.04, and 10.05 back in March, and running those times lifting at about the 1000 foot mark, I thought I'd be real close. Well the DA affects these cars a lot more than I thought. I pinged Mike from OST and he said it's typically 1/10th for every 1100 feet of DA that the car will slow down.

In the end I got put out by a Fox Body Mustang race car. We drew poker chips with numbers and color for lane choice. I tried to go find the guy to ask him about his car, but there were so many cars there I couldn't find him. It had nitrous on it, pretty good size slicks, skinnies, gutted interior, roll cage, and I think a power glide trans based on the sound of the shifts. He beat me by about 2/10ths, which I didn't feel too bad about considering I drove my car there.

Everyone loves the Hellcat and I was the ONLY Mopar I saw even competing. Lots of Corvettes and FWD imports with huge turbos. These Hellcats have a reputation for being fast cars in the right hands and folks were pretty impressed with the times it was running in the heat.

Here's the time slips from March 24, 2019
DA +500ish

[IMG]

Here's the slips from Saturday Aug 3, 2019
DA +3500ish and super humid
[IMG]

-Speedy