Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Exceeded 2019 goals

Happy Thanks Giving everybody, figured I'd post up this content today so folks had something to watch while they fight off their turkey comas LOL.

More to come as I dial the car in, but so far so good :)

BB_11-16-2019_web.jpg

14 hours ago, Goehner said:

Car is hauling ass, good job.

Thanks Alan, I was surprised it ran that 9.83 on that tune.  That was my first race tune of 4 that get progressively more powerful.  I'm also happy with the 10.0s like I drive it every day.  Another bump in the 1-2 shift point and it's 9.90s.

5 hours ago, CruzKing said:

Pretty cool Jay.  So what did it co$t to go from a 10.83 to a 9.85? 0.o

Not sure what your'e asking Greg.  To go from the 10.85 at 129 in the old car or to go from 10.51 at 133 stock  to 9.83 at 141 in the new car?  Assuming the new car, not all that much really.  Pulley, tune, injectors.  I bought the injectors used for $600 and the pulley and tune I think were like $1200, so $1800 total.  Of course this is without the motor LOL, but that shoulda never happened.  If you're talking about old car to new car, well add the car deal to that, but SO worth it.  I'd never have gotten this far with the old car and I'm just getting started.

5 hours ago, Hemi57 said:

Outstanding Jay...

Do you think the original HC engine would have gotten you to the 9's?

Definitely Dale.  That original motor should have never failed even with my mix up with the shift points.  Lots of people spin them to 6800 - 7000 and do all kinda crazy stuff with them and haven't had problems.  I was conservative and data logged every pass and blew mine up.  Having said that some other folks had problems, some with the same number seven cylinder, so it seems like a bit of a lottery.  Maybe that cylinder is the last to get fuel or something like that and in just the right conditions bang.  I run the new tune a bit fatter just in case.

I ran 10.03 and 10.05 on the old motor the day it blew up on the 93 setup.  I ran 10.03 and 10.07 on the new motor on the 93 setup in similar weather.  I never got to the race gas tunes on the old motor but it'd run very similar times I'm betting.  

When the motor blew up I was obviously bummed.  Andy from ECMP totally took care of me and really made a bad situation in to a good one.  I went from being pissed every time I walked by the car to being excited to install the upgraded engine and get back to racing.

I'm digging in to the trans tuning deeper over the winter.  Got the engine side stuff sorted I think, and it's just a matter of turning up the power if the track will hold it.  I haven't even gotten to the point of a stock Demon tune yet, so quite a bit to go.  The minimal trans tuning I've done so far has made a HUGE difference.  I've gained 3/10 and 4 MPH just from small changes to the trans.

15 minutes ago, Speedy said:

Thanks Alan, I was surprised it ran that 9.83 on that tune.  That was my first race tune of 4 that get progressively more powerful.  I'm also happy with the 10.0s like I drive it every day.  Another bump in the 1-2 shift point and it's 9.90s.

Not sure what your'e asking Greg.  To go from the 10.85 at 129 in the old car or to go from 10.51 at 133 stock  to 9.83 at 141 in the new car?  Assuming the new car, not all that much really.  Pulley, tune, injectors.  I bought the injectors used for $600 and the pulley and tune I think were like $1200, so $1800 total.  Of course this is without the motor LOL, but that shoulda never happened.  If you're talking about old car to new car, well add the car deal to that, but SO worth it.  I'd never have gotten this far with the old car and I'm just getting started.

Definitely Dale.  That original motor should have never failed even with my mix up with the shift points.  Lots of people spin them to 6800 - 7000 and do all kinda crazy stuff with them and haven't had problems.  I was conservative and data logged every pass and blew mine up.  Having said that some other folks had problems, some with the same number seven cylinder, so it seems like a bit of a lottery.  Maybe that cylinder is the last to get fuel or something like that and in just the right conditions bang.  I run the new tune a bit fatter just in case.

I ran 10.03 and 10.05 on the old motor the day it blew up on the 93 setup.  I ran 10.03 and 10.07 on the new motor on the 93 setup in similar weather.  I never got to the race gas tunes on the old motor but it'd run very similar times I'm betting.  

When the motor blew up I was obviously bummed.  Andy from ECMP totally took care of me and really made a bad situation in to a good one.  I went from being pissed every time I walked by the car to being excited to install the upgraded engine and get back to racing.

I'm digging in to the trans tuning deeper over the winter.  Got the engine side stuff sorted I think, and it's just a matter of turning up the power if the track will hold it.  I haven't even gotten to the point of a stock Demon tune yet, so quite a bit to go.  The minimal trans tuning I've done so far has made a HUGE difference.  I've gained 3/10 and 4 MPH just from small changes to the trans.

Yeah,i guess if had a job and The $, I would likely followed you. You are the man Jay, hope continued success in the future. 

OH BTW , I may post a picture of my new ride, pretty sweet, LOL.

Speedy you better not run into a new 2020 GT500 Mustang. Some guy flew to pick up one, put some break-in miles on an stopped in Dallas and ran on 10.6 on pump gas and street tires. Now that being said, he is not much of a driver, But then he is a Rookie.

Mine runs 10.0x at 138mph on pump gas.  Each 1/10th is a car length, so he's at least 6 cars behind me at the stripe lol

I get a kick out of the "World Record" claims too.  So he ran out and was the first to buy one and hit the track so he's a "World Record" holder hahaha.

Mine runs 10.0x at 138mph on pump gas.  Each 1/10th is a car length, so he's at least 6 cars behind me at the stripe lol
I get a kick out of the "World Record" claims too.  So he ran out and was the first to buy one and hit the track so he's a "World Record" holder hahaha.
Yup... But, put a good driver in the seat with slicks/skinnies and he will be close to you.

I will have to be a bit more careful when I see a Stang pull up next to me.