Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScapeGoat

Time For Some Hair Dryers! 67Mm Turbos

1,616 posts in this topic

Well Im starting this new thread. my "time for some stroke" threads have been going on for around 2 years. Done everything from Engine, to SC, Fuel systems, cage and everything between in it. Since Im going to be completely changing over the car this winter a new thread was in order.

couple of parts are already in. nothing special just a couple of flanges, but my wastegates are on the way.

2011-08-21_11-01-00_282.jpg

2011-08-21_11-01-03_585.jpg

2011-08-21_11-01-24_725.jpg

Turbo's offer so much more over a sc it is the way to go for sure.

One thing is they are not the same at the line. Getting in first then you have to stay spooled up and if the other guy is playing around then.. If you go in second ya gotta get em' going before green. Little testing and I'm sure you will get it figured out.

Good luck on these gonna be nice to follow.

I think turbos are great for the street. You can easily turn the boost down for street use without changing pulleys.

Good luck on the build. Turbo is definitely the way to go. I've been thinking about doing the same.

There have been some bad ass turbo builds lately and I'm sure yours will be also.

Sam, Where do you dig up all this shit from lol!

I'm stoked to see this build come together.

I'm sure I'll get my hands dirty on it as well.

There are gonna be some pretty sweet builds coming outta NC this winter.

Im pretty excited to get this thing started. Ive helped fab in a couple of turbos once on a mustang, and then on a diesel. But there was more room to work with. Im interested to see if I can do it myself like everything else. Should be interesting. Lots and lots of welding! My new favorite hobby

Mike, that will be wicked. Look forward to seeing the transformation and ofcourse I would be willing to get my hands dirty if you need help with anything. I will give you a call in the next couple days. Still want you to drive mine to get your opinion.

Sick as shit Mike!!!

I caught rumbles of this change up WTB!!

Well Im starting this new thread. my "time for some stroke" threads have been going on for around 2 years. Done everything from Engine, to SC, Fuel systems, cage and everything between in it. Since Im going to be completely changing over the car this winter a new thread was in order.

couple of parts are already in. nothing special just a couple of flanges, but my wastegates are on the way.

this is most likely the turbo Im going with. will finalize that decision this week so I can get it on its way.

88mm Precision

Picture114.png

2011-08-21_11-01-00_282.jpg

2011-08-21_11-01-03_585.jpg

2011-08-21_11-01-24_725.jpg

very cool - do you have a # in mind as far as rwhp goes, or I guess et that you're shooting for? I have no idea what it takes to install a turbo system (you're doing twins?), but are you starting from a kit like the hellion or doing it completely from scratch?

Hmmmm... this has the makings of a juicy thread. I am gonna love watching this monster re-evolve under the hands of a Mad Scientist. <<<<< a compliment Mike. :)

What time frame are you looking at for completion?

Stevo

very cool - do you have a # in mind as far as rwhp goes, or I guess et that you're shooting for? I have no idea what it takes to install a turbo system (you're doing twins?), but are you starting from a kit like the hellion or doing it completely from scratch?

Im 95% sure going single 88mm at this point. Nope, no kit. Building it from scratch.

You say wastegates as in two... so I'm guessing you'll pipe both exhaust sides into it? If not, why not just one side -- faster spool up?

A guy I knew had 2 45mm TurboSmart wastegates at a price I couldnt beat. Im probably going to sell them and get a single 60mm if going with the 88.

Or I could fab both in, one on each bank of the engine

Hmmmm... this has the makings of a juicy thread. I am gonna love watching this monster re-evolve under the hands of a Mad Scientist. <<<<< a compliment Mike. lol What time frame are you looking at for completion?Stevo

Thanks, depends on when I get started. Looking to hold off until after Atco. That would put me completing it over the winter.

Here is a 45

2011-08-23_20-32-02_71.jpg

2011-08-23_20-32-12_141.jpg

2011-08-23_20-34-32_296.jpg

lmao - that shit seems to happen! What's the benefit of 1 bigger turbo vs 2 smaller? Is it something like takes a bit longer to spool but has a bigger upside in terms of max boost?

There have been some bad ass turbo builds lately and I'm sure yours will be also.

Sam, Where do you dig up all this shit from lol!

Single snail, huh?

blown.jpg

I have no idea what you're talkin' about, Kenny :o

HemiSam