Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScapeGoat

Time For Some Hair Dryers! 67Mm Turbos

1,616 posts in this topic

Wow what beast of a turbo!!Me likey!!

I was able to track down someone with pics of the exact turbo Im getting. So I can get a feel for the size of it. Weighs in at 43lbs!

sweet!

HELL YEAH

Mike those blow off valves are freaking gi-normous!!

Holy shit thats no kiddie shit..When that turbo spools up shits gonna go down!!The track like white lightening..

I was able to track down someone with pics of the exact turbo Im getting. So I can get a feel for the size of it. Weighs in at 43lbs!

HELL YEAH

Nice looking Turbo!

If you not already I would think about running this type of clamp for you new setup.

T_bolt_Strong_Stainless_Steel_Hose_Clamps.jpg

They work much better and you don't risk blowing a hose at high PSI.

What made your mind up for one vs twins?

Just the fact you would need to find a spot for and mount one rather than two would be a big factor for me.

Ive always been more of a single power adder guy. One big turbo isnt an easy install. Thing is huge and weighs 43lbs. Not the easiest thing to just throw in a car.

Dammit dammit dammit! Im waiting for the complete turbo specs so I can make a accurate mock up but the dimensions I got arent good for me. I was off today so out in the garage I went to see if the turbo would fit in. No good. With the turbo set up I want to put the car back on the street. Which means the headlight is going back in. That is the only spot big enough for the 88mm turbo. So its looking like twins might be my only option. I have a plan for them but I wanted to do the single big one! SHIT! We'll see I guess.

wtf is with the cat salon pics?

Blower...hair dryer. Fuck...don't make me work for it. Blower nirvana would have been a stretch. Especially for NC ;)

gif158.gif

HemiSam

Okay time for a mock up. A cylinder 10.5" in diameter and 12" long. Might be able to make it work. I think if I build a new front bumper or modify the drivers side corner. I can breath from there. Trick is the fender well. On top of the length of the turbo, its the exhaust down pipe that has to attach to it. And its either going to be a 4.5" or 5" exhaust. Also have to figure out a strong enough mount for it. Damn thing weighs 43lbs