Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Challengerfest 2 April 29 - May 1, 2011

197 posts in this topic

cf2.jpg

ChallengerFest 2 April 29 - May 1, 2011 Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, KY

(May 6 - May 8, 2011 rain date)

Cost:

Drivers - $100

Spectators - $15

paynow.jpgBE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR FORUM NAME!

Tentative Schedule of Events:

Friday April 29, 2011

Meet and greet 11am - till ? at the host hotel

Parking lot party at the host hotel

Saturday April 30, 2011

Breakfast then track opens for us at 10am.

10am - 5pm - Run all you want on the track(s)

2:30pm - 3:30pm - Car Show

Grudge races thrown in along the way

May have some race classes - details TBD

6pm - 7pm dinner - awards

5pm - 10pm for those that wanna stick around the track with the locals and run some more (no add'l track charge!)

7pm - ? parking lot party at the host hotel

Sunday May 1, 2011

9am Breakfast

11am Checkout

12pm Goodbyes

Location: Beech Bend Raceway Quarter Mile Track Bowling Green, KY

BeechBendAerialView2000x1339.jpg

April 30 10am - 5pm the track is ours PRIVATELY.

They're providing track crew, starter, timing, Ambulance, Medical staff, and insurance of $1M. They will charge us $8/gal of track bite.

I will be extending invitations to some other make/models of cars to have a little variety.

Host Hotel:

Hilton Garden Inn

1020 Wilkinson Trace

Bowling Green, KY 42103

270-781-6778

Reserve Online

USE GROUP CODE: SPEEDY for $89.99 room rate - (ROOMS ARE LIMITED SO GET YOURS NOW!)

You have the option of a king or double queen bed room. All non-smoking. Breakfast is optional at $5.95 per day per guest (breakfast is awesome).

BNABGGI_Hilton_Garden_Inn_Bowling_Green_gallery_accom_extsign_large.jpg

Official Sponsors:

pwr_logo.jpg

skin_r1_c3.jpg

dss_logo.jpg

solo_performance_logo.jpg

Atlantic_Autosport_Logo_red.png

bt_logo.jpg

shophemi-logo.jpg

spec_logo.jpg

1. Speedy - Driver - PAID

2. Goehner - Driver - PAID

3. TooFart - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

4. Itzrick - Driver +1 spectator - PAID

5. Boatman - Driver - PAID

6. ed300 - Driver - PAID

7. williams rt - Driver - PAID

8. dc09srt8 - Driver - PAID

9. Jay6spdRT - Driver - PAID

10. HemiSam - Driver - PAID

11. LakersFan - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

12. BigBear - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

13. Rubbel - Driver - PAID

14. Jack09 - Driver - PAID

15. NotSure - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

16. Mopar408 - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

17. dmwphoto - Driver

18. TA340 - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

19. BayouTiger - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

20. Chris1992 - Driver - PAID

21. capt.albator - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

22. addicted to pcp - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

23. blu04srt4 - Driver

24. Daddy Kool - Driver - PAID

25. Spencer60 - Driver - PAID

26. Saltydog - Driver - PAID

27. DodgeFan10 - Driver - PAID

28. SpudRacer - Driver - PAID (+3 spectator)

29. stevewalker9 - Driver

30. GSOChallenger - Driver - PAID

31. HEMI2NV - Driver - PAID

32. 72CUDA - Driver - PAID

33. SteveoHemi - Driver +1 Spectator

34. dodgetime - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

35. Luv My RT - Driver - PAID

36. hemiwoman - Driver +1 Spectator

37. Val's R/T - Driver - PAID

38. Jpw2133 - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

39. Fury S RT - Driver - PAID

40. Mark-KTM-200EXC +1 Spectator - PAID

41. NON FORUM MEMBER - Driver - PAID (600RWHP Mustang Cobra)

42. VTODD - Driver

43. BigD - Driver - (friend of Vtodd)

44. SomeCamaroGuy - Driver (friend of Vtodd)

45. ADH - Driver - PAID

46. KyHemiRT - Driver - PAID

47. Bama Challenger - Driver +1 Spectator

48. 09 Plym - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

49. BrantP3 - Driver

50. Plumcrazy08 - Spectator

51. Bluecuda340 - Spectator - PAID

52. 11secRT - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

53. HOTHEMI - Driver - PAID

54. Stevelegel - Spectator - PAID

55. fltinstructor - Driver - PAID

56. Flat Top - Driver +1 Spectator

57. 70TA-09RT - Driver - PAID

58. Yellow SRT8 - Spectator - PAID

59. Dgibson - Spectator - PAID

60. 70Stroker - Driver +2 Spectator - PAID

61. RWamser - Driver +1 Spectator - PAID

That's cool of you Alan to make it happen, but I hate for forum members to be in the hole so much to make the event happen. Let's see how others respond and come up with a game plan.

I guess the main question is how important is the private track time to everybody? Is it a deal breaker to attend the event if we don't have the track privately?

Well to start thank you J for doing all the work.

I have no issue at all with the upfront money or if that don't happen just doing the open track time.

I cannot make the May date so pray for good weather in April.

I plan on making it I just hope to have more than the two of us there to hang out an bs with :)

I would be ok with the 5-10 pm slot as well, I just want to make sure this happens. So either way, screw it, Modern Mopar Forum can be an event sponsor for $500.

That way I can get some advertising on Challengertalk too.

That way I can get some advertising on Challengertalk too.

:) I like how you think,

I can help out with cash also if it will get more people there.

Speedy what happens to the deposit, if both days are rained out? Is this a non refundable deposit. I personally would much prefer the private track time, as beginning of the season test and tunes are crowded. I also have no problem paying 100.00 up front. As far as your liability goes with the contract in your name, with the prepaid admission there needs to be a application for the event with a disclaimer on it approved by your attorney. Since disclaimers are not perfect, you would need to also pick up a million dollar umbrella policy for yourself. These policies are not expensive and figure it into the cost. Is Andy now not going to call sponsers like DCX depot also? Being a KY company maybe DCX would become your major sponser? Phil

Speedy what happens to the deposit, if both days are rained out? Is this a non refundable deposit. I personally would much prefer the private track time, as beginning of the season test and tunes are crowded. I also have no problem paying 100.00 up front. As far as your liability goes with the contract in your name, with the prepaid admission there needs to be a application for the event with a disclaimer on it approved by your attorney. Since disclaimers are not perfect, you would need to also pick up a million dollar umbrella policy for yourself. These policies are not expensive and figure it into the cost. Is Andy now not going to call sponsers like DCX depot also? Being a KY company maybe DCX would become your major sponser? Phil

Deposit is non-refundable so if we pull the trigger and both days are rained out everyone would just have to split that. Shouldn't be too bad if we get 35 people to commit.

I don't have an attorney, I'm not that high class haha. I wouldn't even know where to start with getting personal insurance for an event like this. I can ask my ins agent, but that makes me even more inclined to just joint the TNT.

Even at Camaro5Fest with 400 cars the guys that wanted to make passes were able to no problem, so I don't think a crowd is anything to worry about, especially since that will be 8 weeks in to the TNT at Beech Bend and the "new" should have worn off by then. They run them every Saturday as you know, so I can spread the word that a boat load of Challenger are gonna show up, and you can do the same since your local and try scare the usual folks off due to our crowd haha.

I did wanna contact DCX to see if they'd bring down their mobil dyno. If they did $50 pulls they'd make their travel expenses up pretty quick and we could have a dyno shoot out for kicks.

I don't have a problem with running with the bulls and just doing the TNT thing.

Scare em off lol probably work also, cept there will be some jokers that show up just to say they whipped on a Challenger.

Kinda like camaro5 :)

Deposit is non-refundable so if we pull the trigger and both days are rained out everyone would just have to split that. Shouldn't be too bad if we get 35 people to commit.

I don't have an attorney, I'm not that high class haha. I wouldn't even know where to start with getting personal insurance for an event like this. I can ask my ins agent, but that makes me even more inclined to just joint the TNT.

Even at Camaro5Fest with 400 cars the guys that wanted to make passes were able to no problem, so I don't think a crowd is anything to worry about, especially since that will be 8 weeks in to the TNT at Beech Bend and the "new" should have worn off by then. They run them every Saturday as you know, so I can spread the word that a boat load of Challenger are gonna show up, and you can do the same since your local and try scare the usual folks off due to our crowd haha.

I did wanna contact DCX to see if they'd bring down their mobil dyno. If they did $50 pulls they'd make their travel expenses up pretty quick and we could have a dyno shoot out for kicks.

How much is the actual deposit? The full amount? The insurance would be for you not the event if you sign the contract, just incase something happened if a disclaimer did not cover it would be rare. Yes your personal ins agent can take care of you, umbrella policies are cheap. You can just use a disclaimer from another event like one of the LX events, they are pretty standard. I see you have a thread going on CT also, give it 2 weeks and if you get 35 people go with track rental. Have people start immediately sending money to your paypal account, we know how the I am going to come people are from last year. I will send my money right away. Phil

Cool. I'll check with my ins agent and see what they say. Phil, can you shoot me a link to a disclaimer to review? This is the first event like this I've setup, so those that have done it before PLEASE chime in with stuff I need to be aware of.

Jay and Sam I'm gonna add you guys to the list on CT for driver. Sam, you better be there brah! You know you can crash at my place anytime.

Here's the CT thread. I'd edit the first post here but this forum software gets wonky when I try to edit posts.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/challengerfest-2-crossroads-51038/

Cool. I'll check with my ins agent and see what they say. Phil, can you shoot me a link to a disclaimer to review? This is the first event like this I've setup, so those that have done it before PLEASE chime in with stuff I need to be aware of.

Jay and Sam I'm gonna add you guys to the list on CT for driver. Sam, you better be there brah! You know you can crash at my place anytime.

Here's the CT thread. I'd edit the first post here but this forum software gets wonky when I try to edit posts.

http://www.challenge...ossroads-51038/

Hey Jay, I sent it to your web site's email address. Look for it there. Phil

I'll add you LakersFan. You make number 11. Jeff said he needs to check with the Mrs, but I can't imagine him missing. I'm sure John will come as well. Not sure about Mike?

Phil, I checked with my ins. They said they do not offer any such event coverage outside of the home, especially at a drag race event. He also said he didn't know if any company that would offer it on a one day only type deal. He said it's normally a yearly type policy.

I've sent some questions out to the LX guys who run these events to see what they do.

no shit, getting assholes to drive more than an hour is a fucking headache

Jay sent you the hotel info you needed

Thanks Mike. I'll get that started. You gonna make it?

no shit, getting assholes to drive more than an hour is a fucking headache

Jay sent you the hotel info you needed

I have minimum 20 hours to get there.

There has to be 100's of guys within 5 hours of there. I sure hope we get a good turn out.