Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Challengerfest 2 April 29 - May 1, 2011

197 posts in this topic

lol you guys dont have a track yet

Oh we have a track.....it's just whether or not it'll be private or not that's in question.

You committed to being in or ?

well to be logical guys, if we can get the track at the same time everyone else does? why not just run regular, im sure you guys will still get alot of runs in and for alot less, unless you guys are going to do an all day saturday thing

well to be logical guys, if we can get the track at the same time everyone else does? why not just run regular, im sure you guys will still get alot of runs in and for alot less, unless you guys are going to do an all day saturday thing

That's an easy plan B. If we can get it together to get private track time all day Sat it'll be awesome.

Some folks are track newbies and may not feel as comfortable running with the local unknowns. They may rather learn with friends.

We're doing pretty good on the commitments. 18 as of now.

You coming?

Well you could be running with locals, but when you line up just line up beside a challenger....? Is that so hard?

And yeah track Saturday and show Friday night, If you plan to do both, but that's just my suggestion

20 guys is $2000 and with this site sponsor, Hop not and PWR where there right?

If we need the money fast I would have no issues with banking it and getting you the cash ASAP. PM me if you need to.

Thanks Boatman, generous offer, but I don't want do go that route. If we're gonna have this event, then we need to all share the financial responsibility as equally as possible.

Unless we just want to make this a standard "track day" there are more costs associated than just the track rental.

I was going to have a car show with trophies for that.

Trophies for best 60', reaction time, 1/4 mile time etc.

If we setup a heads up shoot out, a trophy for that.

Maybe a driver's lunch or dinner.

Make it an event and something people will remember.

Well, the extra stuff costs money so we'll see how that goes. Plus the track is charging for track prep separately from the rental. Not a big deal but something I had to consider when setting the pricing. I think we we got 35 members at $100 that'll cover the track. We've got two vendors thus far and that'll let us do some stuff like the dinner, trophies, and maybe the Auto X if the track charges me for that separate.

I'm also trying to get a dyno on site. No commitment yet but we're looking in to it. Would be cool to do a dyno shootout with a trophy.

Well, the extra stuff costs money so we'll see how that goes. Plus the track is charging for track prep separately from the rental. Not a big deal but something I had to consider when setting the pricing. I think we we got 35 members at $100 that'll cover the track. We've got two vendors thus far and that'll let us do some stuff like the dinner, trophies, and maybe the Auto X if the track charges me for that separate.I'm also trying to get a dyno on site. No commitment yet but we're looking in to it. Would be cool to do a dyno shootout with a trophy.

Don't forget Alan said this site will do $500

What the fuck is a "Wyoming"?

Really? Your not fucking around?

I saw that Boat, but again I don't want one member burdened more than the rest of us.

John, I know your racing in a points series, but I sure hope you can make it.

Ok, we're up to about 24 folks committed. Once it hits 30, I'll start collecting the funds.

I've contacted the vendors PWR and Hop Not with my payment info as well.