Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Challengerfest 2 April 29 - May 1, 2011

197 posts in this topic

LMAO I use that, but take offence when someone else does...fucker :D

You picked the wrong board for that statement!

Once we know just what you take offense to, you'll surely get a buttload of it!

"Taking Offense" is not allowed here. There enough of that shit on the other site!

They'd probably delete the whole post hahaha.

I don't know the forum rules, but Challengertalk has not donated anything, and if I(we) are a sponsor, then how could they take it off?

I don't know the forum rules, but Challengertalk has not donated anything, and if I(we) are a sponsor, then how could they take it off?

I agree, I am sure if there was another sponsor that was not a supporting vendor on CT it would be OK to list them. So listing this forum as a sponsor should not be a problem. I would ask Jeff?

You picked the wrong board for that statement!

Once we know just what you take offense to, you'll surely get a buttload of it!

"Taking Offense" is not allowed here. There enough of that shit on the other site!

So what I'm seeing here is that u take offense of Alan's cock. LMAO

Sorry couldn't resist

Actually, I doubt they would allow the logo of any sponsor that is not a supporting vendor. They are very pissey(?) about that. Frankly, I don't know of anything they've ever supported.I don't think they antied anything up for Forum Wars and last years ChallengerFest, they wouldn't even sticky the thread and in fact kept moving it and being a PITA.

Actually, I doubt they would allow the logo of any sponsor that is not a supporting vendor. They are very pissey(?) about that. Frankly, I don't know of anything they've ever supported.I don't think they antied anything up for Forum Wars and last years ChallengerFest, they wouldn't even sticky the thread and in fact kept moving it and being a PITA.

Well, I think some of that was because Mike was involved.

I have reached out to them to see if they're interested in sponsoring. We'll see what they say. It's not the forum mgmt itself, but the owners of Autoguide.

So what I'm seeing here is that u take offense of Alan's cock. LMAO

Sorry couldn't resist

I reserve the right to take offense of anything of Alan's!

Under his Avatar it does say "Staff"

Should have enough money already there. Are all 3 sponsers putting up $500? If so, that only leaves $1000 for 25 people to come up with. Thats $40 per person correct?

Should have enough money already there. Are all 3 sponsers putting up $500? If so, that only leaves $1000 for 25 people to come up with. Thats $40 per person correct?

It's not just about racing as we discussed via phone. There's trophies, driver's dinner, as well as the track charging us for the track prep.

There's only two vendors thus far unless you know something I don't. You and Hop Not. The other ones I've contacted haven't sent me the funds as of today.

As soon as the magic number is reached I say get everyone to pony up the money ASAP so you can sign the contract and confirm schedule. JMPO. Once I get paypal address money to be sent asap.

I thought someone said earlier in this thread that two other sponsers were involved.

Why cant the drivers pay for their own dinner? If it means a private track rental, I think we can do without trophies. I say track rental and no trophies or TNT with trophies.

As soon as the magic number is reached I say get everyone to pony up the money ASAP so you can sign the contract and confirm schedule. JMPO. Once I get paypal address money to be sent asap.

Thanks Jim. We're at 25 or 26 folks now. As soon as it hits 30 I'll collect the funds as that dang close and we can swing the add'l if needed. My hunch is that as soon as the number is reached a lot of folks will jump on the band wagon.

Thanks for the support Jim.

I thought someone said earlier in this thread that two other sponsers were involved. Why cant the drivers pay for their own dinner? If it means a private track rental, I think we can do without trophies. I say track rental and no trophies or TNT with trophies.

I asked some of the members about it and if we just rent the track then it becomes a track day, not Challengerfest.

I just can't see asking members to drive across the country for a track day when they could just hit a track closer to their house if that's all they were interested in.

I agree. I don't think we need a meal. Frankly, I don't think the track guys care that much about the trophies. They'll have slips and bragging rights which is much more important. I do think trophies and plaques are a much bigger deal for the car show guys.

It's not just about racing as we discussed via phone. There's trophies, driver's dinner, as well as the track charging us for the track prep.

There's only two vendors thus far unless you know something I don't. You and Hop Not. The other ones I've contacted haven't sent me the funds as of today.

I think he is talking about this forum/Alan being a sponsor for 500.00 being the third. I do not know if you guys watched the track prep when you were there for challengerfest? But they put down a lot of it, @ 8.00 a gallon it will not be a fortune but it will be an added cost. I think Jay is wanting it to be a nice event for all not just the track guys, trophies and plaques are a minor cost. With no food vendors being on site until the regular program, it makes it nice also to have some food available you really do not want to leave to go eat once you get there? I know it all seems like a lot of extra stuff, but if you all want it to be a yearly thing you have to offer these extras to get more people to come yearly. If it ever does turn into something down the road then you will have food vendors as well as other vendors paying you for space to sell their products, lowering the cost for the participants. After we see how many people sign up, we maybe able to get the pork or beef producers to set up to sell food this year?

Speedy's running with this organizing nightmare on behalf of the participants. I say let him run with it. I'm definitely in for my share, and I'll do everything I can to make it East for this shindig. Look forward to hearing John talk shit in person. That's got to be worth the trip alone laugh.gif

Mike - your crusty ass and that hole in the dash rambo mobile best be there or I'll have to call your mom.

Andy - good to see you step up. You owe me a t-shirt...

HemiSam

Mike - your crusty ass and that hole in the dash rambo mobile best be there or I'll have to call your mom.

Dude, just nudge her... you know she's lying right there next to you.

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Just wanted to say a big Thanks to Speedy for running with this thing. I know it's a pain, but we all owe you for taking the time and effort to get this thing going.