Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
715racing

Predator Help!!

Guy just offered me a Predator for $200.00. He took it off his 2010 SRT8 Challenger. Does it matter if his is auto and mine is a stick? Also, do they really make a difference in responsivness and HP with the 93 Octane canned tune? Is there anything to "look out for" when getting one of these?

Sorry about all the ??s I am used to old hot rods. (Still have a '69 ProStreet Roadrunner 4 speed for fun).

Thanks, Rob

Oh yeah...will my new Edelbrock supercharger come with its own pre-programmed Predator?

Ok, first, don't think the DS Pred from a 2010 6.1 will work on a 2011 6.4....That is what you have correct sir? Second, I believe that the Eldelbrock S/C will come with a programmer.....

DF is giving you good advice. They don't have tuning ready for the 2011 392 yet so it's not clear what the device you can use will be. If you'll use it on a 5.7 2011 or any older modern Challenger, just make sure they "un-married" it from the existing car (i.e. loaded the stock tune back in the car). You and the seller are aligned in this regard as they'll want the stock tune in the car but suggest you check.

As for the price, it's about the going rate if it includes both the charger and the USB to serial cable you'll need for use with the computer to datalog, etc... If it doesn't, you could drop $40 on that stuff.

Good luck, bro!

HemiSam

715 - Then you are set if you have the 6.1..... If he has the box with it, make sure it is p/n U7135. (also should be marked on the Pred itself..) Hemi is correct as well, make sure the vehicle the seller took it off of has the stock tune back in it....

Now that I have learned to datalog with the Pred, I would have bought it for that feature alone.... It also reads trouble codes and clears them...shops will charge you 80 bucks just to hook up to the car and read a code!

Does the DS Pred work? lol I say yes it does....ask Hemi, Boatman, Speedy, GSO, and some of the other guys here....

Good luck!

id hold on.. its a good buy grab it up and wait. But seriously i got a 09000 for the truck and loaded the programs from 2011 on it and it wont accept yet...

the vvt tuning with the variable intake is going to take a little time.. If i had a 392 i think I would contact vortech to be the first one they tuned..

Guy just offered me a Predator for $200.00. He took it off his 2010 SRT8 Challenger. Does it matter if his is auto and mine is a stick? Also, do they really make a difference in responsivness and HP with the 93 Octane canned tune? Is there anything to "look out for" when getting one of these?

Sorry about all the ??s I am used to old hot rods. (Still have a '69 ProStreet Roadrunner 4 speed for fun).

Thanks, Rob

Oh yeah...will my new Edelbrock supercharger come with its own pre-programmed Predator?

I have the Predator, I felt a big diff in my car but then again my car is a auto. Also i picked more Hp with the 91 over the 93.