Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyByU

~ King Motorsports Vmp Modern Street Hemi Shootout - Friday April 27Th, 2012 ~

184 posts in this topic

Damn I thought all those jeeps were gonna kick ass.

10.1 @ 140??? Is that mph a typo?

nope just means he spun off the line.

I heard 1 jeep completed the 1/4 in 54 seconds!

Harrison is done, had to be towed off the track from the 330

WENDY GOT A NEW PB she ran a 10.9 and then a 11 flat

BJB finally got down the track 1.42-60 9.78@139

was a good day. took the track till almost till noon to get going, what a joke. Wet from all the recent rain.

The jeeps had a ruff start but finally got there shit together and started runing some good numbers.

Two jeeps made it to the king of the hill. Mondo and BJB. BJB won it. Unlimited and KOH. His jeep is no joke the thing hauls ass. Keoni's Jeep flys, that thing leaps up on all fours and darts out of the hole like nothing I ever seen. Fucking amazing launch.

The Big Al DP was runing some high 9's by the end of the event seems everyone was runing faster.

The big mouth Vagina Hater even managed to squeeze out a 9.64 in one of his builds. Nice job Jerk off lol

All in all there was lots of cars and jeeps and the event went smooth after the caranage was over early.

I got almost every pass on vid. The battery finally did die during the finals though.

AJ won his class but broke something and was a no show for the KOH

Wendy set a new PB and ran it 3 times 10.9

Madcane set a new PB 9.9

Bobbi was kicking ass all day and madeit well into the end of the event.

Scott,Dan,Legmeger all them Black charger was dishing it out good nice consistent passes all day.

There was a 3.6 426 300 running spinning the tires well past the 60' and making no power out the back. very disapointing.

Some stock maggie jeep was kicking ass with low 11's all day amazing.

Someone brought some hot ass model and was taking pic's all around the pits.

I'll load the vids and post up later I'm beat.

My daughter had the baby girl when I was at the track. Dam I'm getting old 5 grandkids now.

Man those are some serious freaking runs dancing close to the low 9's!

Johnny Low Boost would shit his bloomers..lol

John the older you get the faster you get ..

Bad ass recap John TY..

was a good day. took the track till almost till noon to get going, what a joke. Wet from all the recent rain.

The jeeps had a ruff start but finally got there shit together and started runing some good numbers.

Two jeeps made it to the king of the hill. Mondo and BJB. BJB won it. Unlimited and KOH. His jeep is no joke the thing hauls ass. Keoni's Jeep flys, that thing leaps up on all fours and darts out of the hole like nothing I ever seen. Fucking amazing launch.

The Big Al DP was runing some high 9's by the end of the event seems everyone was runing faster.

The big mouth Vagina Hater even managed to squeeze out a 9.64 in one of his builds. Nice job Jerk off lol

All in all there was lots of cars and jeeps and the event went smooth after the caranage was over early.

I got almost every pass on vid. The battery finally did die during the finals though.

AJ won his class but broke something and was a no show for the KOH

Wendy set a new PB and ran it 3 times 10.9

Madcane set a new PB 9.9

Bobbi was kicking ass all day and madeit well into the end of the event.

Scott,Dan,Legmeger all them Black charger was dishing it out good nice consistent passes all day.

There was a 3.6 426 300 running spinning the tires well past the 60' and making no power out the back. very disapointing.

Some stock maggie jeep was kicking ass with low 11's all day amazing.

Someone brought some hot ass model and was taking pic's all around the pits.

I'll load the vids and post up later I'm beat.

My daughter had the baby girl when I was at the track. Dam I'm getting old 5 grandkids now.

Its been a long weekend already and its only Saturday. Driving back to Detroit with my brother and bjb. Had a small family emergency Thursday morning as I was walking out the door so I backed out and stayed home. Wife was having back issues and the little one was running a fever so I stayed home to tend to them. My daughter woke up about 930 and the fever had broke. At 11am my wife came out of the bedroom and said she felt better and told me to book a flight to Richmond. Made my reservation at noon and had a 330 flight. My wife is awesome!I couldn't ask for a better spouse to suffer through my addictions with ;-) Got into Richmond at 7pm and had some good times hanging with everyone in the lot.

Friday was eventful. We didn't get running until around noon. Track was seeping water from the rain on Thursday. Big Al and the VMP track crew busted ass to get the track ready. First few passes of the day were a little rough but picked up after the first round of test and tune.

Bjb went out on 12psi to do a shakedown run on his new fuel system and ended up running 9.78@139 with a 1.42 60 ft. HOLY SNIKIES! Had high hopes based on this. Went back to the pits and tried to fit the 20psi pulley but had tensioner issues so we settled on the 17 psi pulley for the day. Best time was 9.56@145 with a 1.51 60ft. Having a hard time getting traction. BJB earned his money driving as the truck was skating all over the track. Ended up racing Peter in one of the TTC jeeps. Bjb won the all Jeep final round with a 9.60 vs a 9.80. We stayed for test and tune and tried the 20 psi pulley but the track just wasn't holding it. Both attempts to make a pass were met with massive wheel spin and limp mode. Even launching in second gear. Still went a 1.57 60ft launching in second though! lol

Meanwhile Keoni was having teething issues with the new combo. Trans and convertor are not up to the new found power of that 413 and 88mm turbo. All passes were made without the convertor locking and blowing through the shifts. Stage 6 is taking the truck back to Jacksonville and bill is shipping out a new trans and convertor. She will be ready for MIR.

Harrison also fought similar issues with his truck. Its making big power with his LPM 6.1 and 76mm combo. Shifts were good but we were having issues locking the convertor on high boost and ran out of waste gate spring to go over 14psi. He's gots some fixes in the works and will be ready for MIR.

Mondos kicked ass I. The pro class with his 6.1l turbo Jeep. He ran consistent 10.2s all day and ended up borrowing Harrison's paramount tcm after he got eliminated and managed to get down to 10.04 with a best MPH of 141mph. He ended up edging out Jack the Snake for the win in the pro class final.

King of the hill came down to BJB and Mondo for the final. BJB treed Mondo and end up winning peddling to a 10.10 on a 9.75 dial vs mondos 10.06 on a 10.0 dial.

Eric Koll (Retroking) was the man to beat in stroker running 10.50s@127+ in his wheel standing Jeep until he got bit by the dreaded limp mode during the semi finals I believe. Watching that thing hike the wheels 3-4feet in the air is worth the price of admission alone.

The magnuson jeep that John spoke of is Eskle Collier. He runs a PPP stage 2 H&C package with a magnuson at 10psi. He ran consistent 11.1-11.2s all day.

We are beat and driving home now. Congrats to everyone who ran new personal bests (Wendy for one, yeah!). Even with the massive carnage that happened, everyone came out unscathed with no injuries. A great day despite the delays. Already looking forward to MIR!

J

Legmaker 10.1 with 371 + novi 1500

Lee wheelus went 10.1 with his 3.6 kb/426

Mondo 10.0 with 371 + 76mm turbo

Al went 10.9 426 na

motorhead went 11.2 na first time ever on a track

Kent went 11.3 with na 346

Keoni 9.9 413 + 88mm

Jim went 11.5 na 440

Brian miller went 11.4 na 440 jeep

Brian potvin went 11.7 na 440 jeep

Im sure i left off somebody but i can barely think straight

On the road driving home. Had a rough weekend with the new setup. First run of the damn day I lost power to my injectors at 5000rpms in first. Wow. That was fucking eventful. Nothing like sitting at the 330 mark dead. Never been towed off the track before and I hope it never fucking happens again!! Damn near took 5 mins behind the Mule. No early turn off either!!

I had though we changed the wastegate spring so I had boost controller turned down. Only to find out later it was the same one. Turned it all the way up to full blast and could only get 16psi out of it. I aborted the run bc I relighted vs. Mondo is the Semi's.

My Jeep couldn't come out of the hole to save my life yesterday. Cutting 1.77-1.8X's all damn day. My best was a 1.77 on the two step set at 2700. Just flat out lethargic. Definitely having some things to work on.

I'm now done with the Pro class and moving up to Unlimited. Time for the 94mm. I'll let Mondo have all the fun. Although Jacks new setup was definitely helping out was surprised with his best 10.1X. Even LegMaker got a 10.19. He was stoked.

Mondo had been using a bricked TCM that was fixed by Blown7. It was a total piece of shit. Have him my TCM to use and he could then actually launch it and went from 10.2-10.3's to 3 10.0 runs. If I can't win, one of our customers winning is fine with me.

It was disappointing a little for me but in the end, it turned out great! HUGE congrats to Mondo for his first ever win. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!!

Damn....some troubles but you all kicked ass and shiny side up. Bonus!

Thanks to all who provided detailed updates and numbers. Clearly some kick ass stuff.

Heard Wendy made 2nd behind A.J. in the N/A stroker class??? And the other gent with A.J.'s last aluminum block came in third. Great stuff.

Some very nice showings from our vendors here....AWESOME!

HemiSam

Finally back home, first off congrats to all that had new personal best , second it was great seeing everyone again and hopefully we will have both cars at MIR. I was a little disapointed in the track as it was not ready in the morning and everyone missed the best air of the day, lots of breakages, one really oiled the track down, after talking to the driver he really had no other decision other than not going in the first place, no brakes as they were oiled down and customers car which was on fire and did not want to put it in the wall, so shit happens.

It was tough sitting in the stands watching, John lost his record which I don't think the new holder will have long, enjoy it for a month,lol Lot's of KB cars gunning for you at MIR.

Still missed ya MIke GSO, let's get that car done, events are not quite the same without you .

Tout

9.56 is no joke, cudos to everyone that made that happen. And congrats to Brian. I think I erased all the vids. Gotta try to figure that out later. At the hospital with the baby now.

WENDY GOT A NEW PB she ran a 10.9 and then a 11 flat

Congrats to everyone who ran, win or loose it sounds like it was a blast.

Special congrats to Wendy on her new PB. Can't wait to see vids of her and Bobbi runs!

9.56 is no joke, cudos to everyone that made that happen. And congrats to Brian. I think I erased all the vids. Gotta try to figure that out later. At the hospital with the baby now.

your gonna be back in the hospital if you erased all the vmp videos lol