Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lowwlife

From 6-Point To Full Roll Cage

125 posts in this topic

Many guys are stepping up the power and will be needing a roll bar or cage in the near future. I'll post pictures of my current roll bar and future pics as we add to it. The bars are 1 5/8 chromoly tubing with trophy truck double claw tube connectors. The connectors only come in 1 3/4 120 wall so they had to be turned down in the lathe to fit. This cage is designed for open road racing, standing mile and road course racing :)

Karl, when you do it you do it up right. I'm digging the gold accent in the trunk with the dual extinguisher holder and N20 support brace. NICE.

Thanks J, I was telling sam it's time to give back. Guys like rubbel and 03HDFB that posted things that helped me out on my build. Hope this can help others who are putting in a roll bar or cage lol I'm just learning how to post pics so excuse the order laugh.gif

Karl are the B bars (downward bars coming from the main hoop towards the rear wheel wells) bolted to the main hoop? If so that makes it not NHRA approved

Mike, the roll bar is built for road racing/standing mile and has passed all of the tech for my 205mph class. It has passed tech for the PSCA drag races for 9.90et and under with the tube connectors. Haven't run any NHRA events so not sure what the tech rules are lol

opps.... cleaning screen..

ph i see nice nice he says.. man thats nice.. i said 11.99 cause i never wanted a cage.but that's awesome

Thanks brother!! lol

just wanted to make sure you knew incase it were to come up sometime. does look good, I like the bracket for the suppression system and nitrous.

Thanks mike! John tiemann is the head tech guy for the mojave mile and also for the nevada silver state open road challenge and other races. I was lucky enough to get his personal # and email to make sure all of the bars, fire system, seat belts and other safety items were up to code. I had three tech guys inspect my car for over 25 mins (engine, cabin, trunk and under car) making sure I had all my safety items and they were mounted in the correct location. I just received my pro/unlimited licence, so if the car runs faster than 205mph I get bumped to the unlimited class. More safety items will have to be added $$$$ OUCH!!! :D

Looking tight, brother Karl! You da photobucket madman now :)

Mike had to go and mention the damn Lamborghini again...you guys are terrible!!! I'm thinking on the damn cage. Just don't want the thing but I'll have a chat with Bill Buck and see what I can see.

HemiSam

Hell Karl, I forgot to ask you the other day. Hows the motor coming along? You up and running again?

Not yet mike, heads should be ready this week then i'll take them to CP to have the pistons made B)

Looking tight, brother Karl! You da photobucket madman now :)

Mike had to go and mention the damn Lamborghini again...you guys are terrible!!! I'm thinking on the damn cage. Just don't want the thing but I'll have a chat with Bill Buck and see what I can see.

HemiSam

Thanks for the help sam. Man, I know you don't want a roll bar in your car but the speed your running is no joke bro B) I hope you decide to install one soon!! SAFETY FIRST lol