Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lowwlife

From 6-Point To Full Roll Cage

125 posts in this topic

During fitting I noticed the lower dash bar hitting the cage so I took a small section out and made a template for BJ to weld in :P017.jpg018.jpg020.jpg021.jpg045.jpg051.jpg

Dash is in for the final fit and plates are made for the dash bars. The plates are used for a cleaner look and will keep the sun from cracking the dash pad where it was cut, plates will be powder coated flat black :P040.jpg041.jpg034-2.jpg

We tried like hell to get the dash in but the bars made it a tight fit. We called up the window guy to pull the windshield to get to the rear of the dash. If you notice the passenger side dash is bent and with the windshield out your able to pull it past the dash bar. Plan on buying a new windshield because the one being pulled never makes it without cracking :P024-2.jpg025-2.jpg027-2.jpg038-1.jpg

I wanted to show close ups of the driver side down bar. After taking a small section out of the e-brake and getting as close to it as we could the dash support still needed to be sectioned. 006-1.jpg004-1.jpg005-1.jpg

Holy wow! I have to find a way to see your car in person Karl. Kuel shit.

Thanks alan, maybe you can make it to one of the races. I would pick mopars on the strip in vegas, sam can tell you how much fun V-TOWN is :P

nice work Karl, now get on Sams

Thanks mike, sams next :)lol

Wow man this is hardcore. At least the racing seats will help compensate for some of the weight of the cage.

Thanks for posting pics of all this.

Thanks TF, this will be a heavy MoFO, at least the weight of two jeeps blink.gif

ok.......uhm......those qwik connect joints won't pass NHRA tech unless they went and changed the rules. I know you are doing the mile stuff, but the drag strips won't be happy about those.

ok.......uhm......those qwik connect joints won't pass NHRA tech unless they went and changed the rules. I know you are doing the mile stuff, but the drag strips won't be happy about those.

For the last time it's not a NHRA drag car. I have passed tech in every event the car has entered. Damn eric all the stuff i've posted and you and mike only look at what you think is wrong with the car??? WOW!! I wont start pointing out the MICKEY MOUSE stuff I see posted laugh.gif

No orange? lol are they comfy? and how much do they weigh? 10-12 lbs?

Surprisingly they are, I sat in them for awhile and they are very comfy. The FX1 pro I sat in would be a little tight for road course racing so I stepped up to the wider one. There 19lbs B)

For the last time it's not a NHRA drag car. I have passed tech in every event the car has entered. Damn eric all the stuff i've posted and you and mike only look at what you think is wrong with the car??? WOW!! I wont start pointing out the MICKEY MOUSE stuff I see posted laugh.gif

I never said It was wrong. Just that NHRA wouldn't be happy. I acknowledged it was for the MILE as well. Jeeze dude lighten up.......and as far as Mickey Mouse goes, go for it........you won't find any big mouse ears in my cars.

Working on a couple nik naks. Turns out sparco sells the exact seat as corbeau and carries side mounts and universal sliders. The slider will have to be modified to fit the challenger lol002-2.jpg011-2.jpg043-1.jpg045-1.jpg042-1.jpg

Test fitting my lines for the dual fire system and the -6 line for the NOS lol Once grommets are put in the seat frame holes I can do the final install of the lines lol026-3.jpg022-3.jpg