Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lowwlife

From 6-Point To Full Roll Cage

125 posts in this topic

looks good!

Is it done yet? lol

You know how car building goes mike :D Powder coaters sand blaster was broken so it took over a week to coat the bars. I picked up my headliner yesterday that was supposed to be covered in suede but the guy decided it would look better covered in some BS material so paul (Youngmedic) hooked me up with his guy to redo it lol

Now that I've test run the lines I can put the real stuff in lol Had 12ft of -6 made today for the NOS system, also picked up 20ft of 1/4in stainless hard line for plumbing the dual fire system :D016-3.jpg012-2.jpg

Just picked up the cage from the powder coater. Waiting on the headliner to be finished so I can install the cage B)121.jpg

thats just cool. Wish we could do that....lol

Had to extend the bottle mount 3in for the nano system to fit B) Once the cage is in I can bend the hard lines for the fire system, don't wanna have to do that twice lol023-4.jpg030-5.jpg031-5.jpg007-4.jpg

I love bling so I'm polishing the hard lines before bending them. Bling on the right side lol Also installed the submarine strap mount. 009-5.jpg013-4.jpg016-4.jpg017-2.jpg020-3.jpg

That's TIGHT bro!!! After seeing that Corvette flip at the Mile, the cage is looking a whole lot more practical B)

I think he's shooting for the Nevada Silver State, Alan. Crazy ass event. If your car can hold up to that, it can hold up to just about anything...

HemiSam

Looking good Karl. Whats the next event you are trying to get ready for?

Thanks alan, the silver state is my target race. Like sam said that 90 mile race will beat the hell out of the car, driver and co pilot B)

That's TIGHT bro!!! After seeing that Corvette flip at the Mile, the cage is looking a whole lot more practical :P

I think he's shooting for the Nevada Silver State, Alan. Crazy ass event. If your car can hold up to that, it can hold up to just about anything...

HemiSam

Thanks sam, I was hoping you start looking at it that way :D Safety first bro!! B)

This thread delivers. You sure are tearing into that car .. love it.

Thanks brother, pushing to make it happen B)

thats just fucken sick Karl, your car is gonna fly, don't let Sam near the front the Kenne Bell will suck his shit in and spit out a Fiat

Play nice in the sandbox wildman :rolleyes:

After driving 4hrs in traffic I ended up with THIS!!! My headliner etc... is done :D Now I can get this car back together B)002-5.jpg008-6.jpg013-5.jpg014-5.jpg005-6.jpg006-5.jpg

After installing the rear panal and seat belts I noticed the buckle was hitting the bar so I pulled them out. I covered the hole left by the belt. 010-7.jpg011-6.jpg025-6.jpg028-5.jpg029-6.jpg030-6.jpg033-6.jpg

Hand bending the lines in brass and transferring them to stainless steel makes the job a breeze. You can rebend brass if your off but you only get one shoot with SS. Waiting on SS line clamps to button the job up. 005-7.jpg017-4.jpg019-5.jpg016-6.jpg024-6.jpg

Working on a couple nik naks. Turns out sparco sells the exact seat as corbeau and carries side mounts and universal sliders. The slider will have to be modified to fit the challenger B) 

045-1.jpg 042-1.jpg

Hey Karl

I found the picture of the seat brackets that you mentioned... Thanks... but I can't find any info on what you meant by "the sliders will have to be modified".

Do you have any other pictures or details??

Hey Karl

I found the picture of the seat brackets that you mentioned... Thanks... but I can't find any info on what you meant by "the sliders will have to be modified".

Do you have any other pictures or details??

He hasn't been on here for several months, try to find him on lx forums