Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lxmodguy

64 Polara Gen3 Hemi Build :)

1,053 posts in this topic

Found a flywheel. Ended up getting the clutch, flywheel, PP, and slave for $100 from another member. Thank goodness for hand me downs.

Daum Brian that is bad ass looking, I want to see this stuff installed! So are the motor mounts set-up for a gen III Hemi already or do you have to mod the mounts? This is Woody material right here! lol

sure that's not the excersize machine your wife ordered, jk :D that is nice looking front end, looking good

If it is I am bolting that shit up anyway, looks like its close enough it might fit

stock suspension - 341#

tubular K member and A arms - 83#

nice weight savings up front, perfect. looking forward to seeing that go on, awesome things happening to the Polara, appreciate the pics and updates, congrats

Here is the best part. These kits are now available for early A bodies and B bodies starting at just $1849. If you are interested PM me and I will do an additional discount for the first 5 orders.

sure that's not the excersize machine your wife ordered, jk :D that is nice looking front end, looking good

Yep....looks like a Thighmaster. Where's Suzanne Somers???

:D

HemiSam

Looking good. Hey did I miss what color are you painting her?

Leaving the original paint on the car. Eventually I may paint it flat black

Leaving the original paint on the car. Eventually I may paint it flat black

she'll deserve some high sheen mopar like color, original patina ok too, flat black hurts my heart :P no zombie car here.

American Muscle Cars shows a 64 Ramcharger (same bodystyle) factory light weight a Deep Water Blue with white accents and matching steel rims and small hubcaps looks awesome, just sayin :D Black interior?...anyway you will have a beaut.

she'll deserve some high sheen mopar like color, original patina ok too, flat black hurts my heart :P no zombie car here.

American Muscle Cars shows a 64 Ramcharger (same bodystyle) factory light weight a Deep Water Blue with white accents and matching steel rims and small hubcaps looks awesome, just sayin :D Black interior?...anyway you will have a beaut.

Well I am pretty sure she is going to stay original paint and interior. It is only original once. Besides, I want to give the guy in the beater looking nova with the twincharger LS motor a run for his money.

This is the guy I want to show up and run at drag week ---->http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0611_72_nova_w2w/photo_02.html

I just saw that video on Hot Rod TV last weekend, they said that car would run mid 9's Brian.

So I got the rear end back from the powder coating guy today. He did a terrible job. A brand new item that had never been touched and I got it back with runs and overspray on the gasket surfaces. I guess it is ok though, I am going to have to beat the shit out of the back brace they put on it to get it to clear the shocks. I am thinking I might just go steal the welder from the shop, cut the brackets off of it and four link the son of a bitch.

Is it done yet? lol I know the feeling of have a project car. Just remember stick to ur plan or u will never get it finished!

My plan was to be driving the car around this weekend with the 383 in it for now. My plan was unfortunately shot to shit by moser and the powder coater. They are in cahoots I tell you

Trust me I know all about it. ;)

Can you post some engine pics? Did you run a tube k member on your car? I would be interested to see

Very nice, you did an awesome job. My next project is a 68 notch back cuda with a gen3 and a magnacharger.

Did you install the cross member on the ground?