Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lxmodguy

64 Polara Gen3 Hemi Build :)

1,053 posts in this topic

So its decided, I bought a 5.7 from 1fast4dr for my polara. Looks like its a forged 5.7 and a Turbo for the polara build.

Hotrod got 630(crank) out of their 5.7 junk yard motor. Wonder what a 5.7 with ported heads and the right cam will do??

Brian, have you gotten any of the suspension installed yet?

Not yet. Rather than use longer tie rods we decided to build a custom rack for the b bodies. I'm probably pulling the motor and putting the k in this weekend

looking good, 21lb crossmember sheesh, that Nova looks fast but it sure is small, you've got your work cut out for ya with 345 cubes and all

Lots of chromoly, billet, and carbon fiber to keep the weight down. At this point I'm shooting for sub 3000# range

Lots of chromoly, billet, and carbon fiber to keep the weight down. At this point I'm shooting for sub 3000# range

this is an awesome project, appreciate your sharing it along the way, definetly envy you and what you put into it B) modern tech in a classic bod

I bought a 5.7 complete motor today. This will let me get the car up and running and allow me to fab the turbo headers. Looks like it will be a 5.7 based motor. Maybe a 392 if things go well. Single 78mm turbo up front or two gt35's up front.

Track rat...single. Driver, you know the program...

HemiSam

I'm sure you remember not too long ago I said I never do a twin turbo......rethinking that since I have tuned a couple of them lately and seen the insanity that is twin turbo's with 15-20 PSI

So is it done yet? lol Wanna see some pics of that suspension in the car, gonna be saweet! :)

We are in the middle of moving the shop so everything on hold. My house looks like an autoparts store.

I'm really going to do my best to make lsmf.

I'm going to get the drive train all sorted out and make it go straight before I go to this point. I need to make an appearance at the pump gas drags in "stock" form as well before I do all this.

Its been a productive week. I found a gas pedal, rocker shafts, coil packs, a timing cover, valve covers, oil pan, water pump, ecm

Still looking for a

Power steering pump

starter

ac compressor

alternator

clutch master

clutch slave