Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HemiJunky

Paramount Performance Naag1 Stage 2 Valve Body

I did both at the same time (parts from Arrington). Shifts firm. Also did the MTCM at the same time. Needed a new tune from AJ to make that MTCM happy.

Stage II valve body looks identical to the stocker. I sure would like to know what improvements they do to the valve body in order to improve it's performance.

Anyone know?

Stevo

Judging from my very limited viewing at Bradenton... Seems like more than one BB setup was going limp. But those were on crazy HP vehicles. What do *I* know...

Judging from my very limited viewing at Bradenton... Seems like more than one BB setup was going limp. But those were on crazy HP vehicles. What do *I* know...

How do you know that it wasnt tune related? There were ALOT of brand new builds out there.. Some of the same ones you saw went down the track just fine in Virgina.

Tuning - It may have been. Hence my "What do I know". ..but there sure were more than one person doing some grumbling on that side of the pits. Names? I have no idea... just overhearing conversation. "...slipping into 2nd again..." I didnt think slippage was tune related.?? limp-mode, yes.

Wonder what changes were made then?

and this weekend reads on other fourms like the rears, 2 steps and special tcms did not fair well either. all threads read that the valve bodys are pretty good though and his customers say he services and stands by products and all.

We have done lots of Paramount transmissions. Not a single problem with one of them. Bill is awesome, ultra professional, and actually cares about your build and its success

I have a Paramount trans / Transfer case / Peformance TCM, with no problems at all... I agree, with above comments, limp issues almost always are tune related these days.

I wonder if anyone is able to get a Maybach valve body (from the NAG1 powered versions). They apparently have upgraded valve bodies compared to the AMG NAG1 powered cars (they're putting out a shit ton more power then the E55 AMGs). Could always be something to look into, if you can even order those parts.

In a world under 900 Hp Paramount has proven to be the best trans and service for the NAG1, the tune being the problem on High [1000]Hp plus cars is hog wash.

judging by what we saw at bowling green with bills jeep, i dont think that was the case. 

Bills jeep is the test bed for a stand along TCM, BTW , no MOPAR electronics....