Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MizzouRT

Arrington Builds Nostalgia Gen 3 Hemi On Horsepower Tv

I figured this had been mentioned somewhere, but when I did a forum search for "Arrington on 'Horsepower TV'" didn't find anything, so decided it was worth posting. Didn't see all of the show this morning, but if you like engine building this is worth a look. Congrats to Arrington, they look good (as usual) in the show...

I'm glad this is finally airing. I got to hang out with Eric from Arrington during the filming of a lot of this episode. I had to keep hush hush about this or risk the black helicopters would come and get me.

Seeing it filmed was really cool and Chris (the engine builder Eric brought with him) is an awesome engine builder. He could hear the torque wrench clicking across the room while he and I were having a conversation and he stopped the guys and let them know the setting wasn't right. He also corrected them a couple times on the order to put things together to make them easier.

I can't wait to go watch the episode.

Stumbled across the end of this episode today on Horsepower TV. Arrington builds a Gen III hemi with old school blower and dual quads for later installation in a 70-something Dart. Looking at listings, appears this should re-air Sunday 6/24/12 at 9:30 eastern time.

http://m.powerblockt...howId=HP2012-05

TY for the heads up on this!!

That and they said they had timing pulled also. No idea where they had it but must have been low. They mentioned 14 psi but that was just what they built it for and not necessarily what they were running it at.

Very cool, the boost must've been really low though, only 550 hp at the crank?

That was the LOW boost pulley combo. It made ALOT!!!! more on some good fuel with 15 lbs of boost. That blower takes ALOT to spin.

A.J.

Damn I missed this one :angry: , been working all weekend. I wanna see a video of the Gen III Hemi with the EFI Six Pack setup on the dyno. :)

Damn I missed this one :angry: , been working all weekend. I wanna see a video of the Gen III Hemi with the EFI Six Pack setup on the dyno. :)

Wish has been granted...check your email

Wish has been granted...check your email

Wow! Don thanks a bunch, man that cam sounds down right nasty! :) 580HP / 503 trq is purdy dam impressive for N/A motor built and tuned on the safe side. I want to do a restomod on a 69 Road Runner with with a setup like that so bad I can't stand it, bout ready to go rob a bank. lol